{2} Will The Tenth Be The Last?

Warning:
Cussing/ Swearing

The guardians, also known as the prince's best friends, ran. They raced only to tell of the found soul.

At the right, Clyde's copper armor blended with the scenery. He was the youngest through the ranks but still had earned a great deal of respect by earning the Prince's affection.

To the left, Token wore the platinum armor which is said to reflect the moonlight itself. He's considered old for the fact that he had been serving by the time the king started his reign.

This partnership was considered rather strange but the pair became good friends because of the Prince.

Clyde and Token got to the castle's main entrance in a matter of minutes. The tallest one knocked, then both took off their helmets.

The were received by a smiling Butler but he suddenly frowned.

"W- Where hav-ve you tw-two been? I've h-heard p-people gossiping about y-you two acting s-s-strange!"

Before Token could speak, Clyde cut him off.

"Jimmy! You won't believe it. We found the one who counts the stars!"

The Butler's eyes widened and started to freak out.

"W-well! There's no time to waste!"

Some would say Jimmy wasn't fit to be a guardian because of his condition. However, little did anyone know that he was one of the fiercest. When turned immortal, his speed was the gift he earned. This little secret was only known by the people whom he loved.

The trio stepped up to the wooden, red velvet doors which led to the person that they had been looking for. The butler stepped up and knocked cautiously.

"Your majesty, I bring urgent news."

"I'm busy, can't it wait till morning?" The prince scoffed and stood up from his dented chair.

"Sir. Token and Clyde are here."

Without a second more the door swinged open, and a raven haired male wearing a white suit with crimson red matches stood with a smile. It was the one and only, Craig Tucker.

"Pri-"

"Goddamit Token, call me Craig for fucks sake. You're in my room, plus you know I hate formalities." Craig crossed his arms and let out a small a chuckle. "Anyways, what brings you guys here? Isn't there a mission going on?"

"Well. Yeah, but..." Clyde gulped.

"Huh? Did you guys finally finish mission 'BB'? Honestly, it was about ti-"

"Craig," Token cut him off. "We finished that mission 5 minutes after it was given to us." Clyde, Token, and Jimmy looked at each other, then suddenly began to kneel.

Craig's eyes widened. Tears wanted to form but he couldn't, he didn't know if it was true.

Token broke the silence once again.

"As of today, we have also fullfied the mission 'S' of this lifetime. South Park, Colorado."

With that, a dark cloud was left in the place of the prince. Jimmy knew the prince would waste no time to meet his light once again.

The youngest, Clyde, stood back up again but his curious could not be contained.

"I don't get it. Token, why did you tell me and Jimmy to kneel?"

"T-Token didn't t-tell me to kn-neel." The butler smiled.

Token sighted and stood up.

"Don't you remember seeing the same boy a hundred years ago? That blonde haired human is the 'soulmate' of the Prince. This is his tenth reincarnation."

"What?! Why doesn't Craig just turn him immortal?"

"It w-was never our P-Prince's choice t-to become im-imortal himself. He p-prefers to l-let his lover l-live a f-full human life." Jimmy added.

Clyde turned to look at the disappearing cloud in front of him. Now the Prince traveled through the shadows to find his one and only. The copper guardian wondered how Craig must have felt after watching the same person he loves die over and over again.

• • •

The Prince could travel through the shadows without any obstacle. He could disappear and not be touched. His gift allows him be one with darkness.

Craig stopped dead in his tracks at the simple presence of a dark green house, covered by the white snow. He knew this was it. He submerged into the shadows one more time as he traveled inside the house, finally reaching the room he was looking for.

Craig took his physical form and stepped closer to the bed. He saw young a man whom he had never stopped falling in love with. His blonde hair was the same and his milky skin still had that attractive glow. The soul was sound asleep.

The prince covered his mouth trying not to make the simplest noise. His eyes watered as tears came streaming down his cheeks, because there he was one more time.

He was once again going to be reunited with his Honey. But just like in every life time, he was going to win his heart one more time.

~

Truly sorry for the wait! But here it is!

❄️