T W E N T Y

*Not edited*

Alex's POV

( ⚠️ There may be graphic scenes in this chapter )

It's the day before my birthday and I have officially marked today as the worst Monday in my life. That's saying something, because I have had a lot of bad Mondays.

My day started off terrible. My alarm didn't go off, so when I woke up an hour late I went searching for my phone in confusion. I specifically remember setting my alarm the night before so I don't know why it didn't go off. My confusion was answered when I looked through the entire apartment and still couldn't find my phone. That means I was late for class and I didn't have a phone. You can imagine how happy I was about that. Note the sarcasm.

My morning got even worse when I made myself a bagel in the toaster for a quick breakfast and ended up finding an empty cream cheese container in the fridge. Who leaves an empty container in the fridge?! I mean, what could you possibly use it for if it's empty?? I march to Sammy's room to yell at him, because who else could have left it in the fridge? There's only the two of us living here. When I get to Sam's room, I find that it is missing Sam. Which is odd, because I know he doesn't have any classes today. I shrug it off and stomp back to the kitchen to pick up my dry bagel and take an angry bite out of it.

I grab my keys and slam the door on my way out, the dry bagel in my mouth. Life just gets even better when I get stuck in traffic on my way to class. I still had pent up anger from not being able to yell at Sam, so I took it out at all the cars in traffic. I honked my horn, flipped people off, and yelled at pedestrians. I've never had road rage before, so I surprised even myself by going off on all those people. I don't know why I was so pissed off, I usually don't let the small stuff get to me, but today I'm acting just like a ticking time bomb.

Now I'm sitting in my fourth and final class of the day with the most annoying headache ever. I can't even focus on what the professor is saying. There is a high pitched ringing in my head that, I swear, keeps getting louder and louder. It feels likes my head is about to burst into a million pieces.

When class finally comes to an end, I hightail out of there and flip off the guy who starts to cuss at me when I accidentally bump into him on my way out. All that's on my mind right now is getting home, taking an Ibuprofen, and sleeping off this insanely annoying headache. Of course right when I get back on the road headed home, I am met with traffic once again. Yay me. I bang my head on the steering wheel in defeat making the car horn honk loudly.

After an added thirty-five minutes to my usual fifteen minute drive home, my headache dwells down enough to were I decide it wouldn't hurt to take a quick stop and get some food. Unfortunately, I'm not having the same luck with the obnoxious ringing in my head and it is still as annoying and present as ever.

I pull into the McDonald's drive thru and I almost believe my unlucky streak is over when I order my food and get out of there surprisingly fast. I drive the rest of the way home with the aroma of my chicken nuggets and fries filling the car.

When I get to my apartment I throw my keys and purse down and with my McDonald's in hand, I head straight to the couch. I plop myself down and set my food out on the coffee table. I happily grab a hand full of fries and stuff them in my mouth, taking a sip of my somewhat flat soda afterwards. I open up my twenty piece chicken nugget box and in a second all my anger from earlier this morning comes back.

"Oh fuck me. Is there a mother fudging black cat following me around or something. Good God, I just can't get a break today." I seethe out through my clenched teeth and stare down at the six chicken nuggets. I just don't have the energy to go all the way back to McDonald's and demand for the rest of my nuggets. So, I open up my barbecue sauce and frustratingly dip one of my six nuggets in it. I quickly finish my sad excuse of a meal, take that Ibuprofen I promised myself earlier, sluggishly walk to my room, flop on my bed, and take a well deserved nap.