F I V E

*Not edited*

Darius' POV

I watch Alex's cute behind as she rushes out the kitchen to get away from me.
The mate bond is starting to affect her. I can tell it's freaking her out because she doesn't know what's going on. I let her walk away, so she can cool off, that way maybe we can dance together later.

I'm talking to Drew while sipping on my drink, when I feel a weird sensation run through my body.
I brush it off as nothing and continue laughing and talking before I decide to go look for Alex.

I'm on the edge of the dance floor glancing around the room. She's no where in sight.
That's odd...
Then I hear it, a faint cry for help.
I turn widely trying to find the source of the scream.
Seeing nothing, I run up the stairs.
The closer I get to the top, the more Alexs scent hits me.
I run up to a door and hear Alex crying and struggling.
Furious, I rip the door off the hinges growling loudly. My wolf has taken over.

"Get off of my mate mother fucker!" My wolf yells through me.

The guy glances at me shocked, I recognize him as one of my pack members.

"Alpha! Forgive me. I did not know this was your mate!" The disgusting excuse of a wolf says.

I'm not listening as I yank the man off her and start punching him repeatedly in the face.
I can't control myself, no one messes with my mate.
The man's body goes limp under me, but I don't stop my assault on his face. He needs to suffer.

A small whimper brings me out of my haze. I look up to see Alex curled in a ball and crying.

I slowly stand and walk over to her.
She flinches away from me when I reach for her. This saddens me and my wolf.

"Shhh, it's alright baby girl," I whisper to her, "I'm gonna take care of you."
I gently lift her up and can feel her body stiffen in my arms. I push back the feeling of rejection and carry her over the man and out the door.

I bring her outside to my car and take her into the back seat with me.
She seems to relax into my hold and starts sobbing into my shoulder.
I whisper sweet things in her ear as I rub her back.

After about fifteen minutes her crying dies down to sniffles. I kiss the top of her head lightly then grab her chin in between my pointer finger and thumb, tilting her head up to look at me. "Hey," I say softly "you okay?"

"I-I'm okay" she hiccups nodding her head
"I'm going to take you home. Is that ok?" I ask. "No.. I want to go back inside to the party."... Wait, what? Why would she want to go back inside after what happened? That makes no sense.

"Are you sure? I think it's better if I just take you home." I try to convince her. "Nope," She declares wiping her tear stained face with her hands. "I want to go back there and get wasted out of my mind." Grabbing my hand she says "Come on let's go."

"This isn't a good idea, Alex, and you know it." I protest "I really don't give a fuck right now." Not wanting to upset her anymore I let her drag me along.

***

Andddd..

Alex is officially wasted.

I let her have her drunken fun, which was a pretty entertaining thing to witness, but now I'm just bored. I've done nothing but watch Alex since we got back inside making sure she doesn't get into anymore trouble.

"Alex!" I yell over the music. Alex turns to look at me. "Heyyy, good lookin'" she slurs. I grab her hand and pull her out the front door towards my car. "Come on I'm gonna take you home. Can you give me your address."

"Y'know, you creep me out so much but you're so damn sexy!" She exclaims ignoring my question. "Alex answer the question." I demand halfheartedly "What question!?"

"What's your address, cupcake?" I ask again. "I'm not gonna tell my address to a stranger silly!" She giggles "Well then how am I going to drive you home?" Alex thinks about this for awhile before answering.

"I know," She snaps her fingers "I can tell you my address!" Cue facepalm. "..Wait I can't remember my address!! What am I going to do? Oh no I'm going to die! I'm going to die! No I'm to young to die! Why me God, why me!?" She freaks out and starts crying.

"Hey, hey it's okay everything is going to be okay. I can just take you to my house. See? Problem solved." At this she immediately brightens up. "Really?" She asks hopefully. "Yes, princess."

"Yay!!" Alex cheered clapping her hands together. "Women are so bipolar." I mutter under my breath starting the engine.

Alex has been quiet for most of the ride so I assumed she was asleep though she proves me wrong when she rolls down the window and yells "The hottest man in the world is driving me back to his house! ...Be jealous bitches!!" Then falls back into the same position she was in previously, laughing uncontrollably.

***

Alex's POV

In my drowsy state I open one eye to see Darius' face directly above me. I close my eye and snuggle back into the warmth. Hold up, what? I bolt up right, knocking heads with Darius in the process. Hissing in pain I hold my forehead and look around. Currently I'm in the passenger seat of a car wrapped up in a blanket like a burrito. "Hey, how did I get in here?" I mumble to myself.

"Finally! I've been trying to wake you up for the past five minutes. Where at my house." He gets out of the car, walks over to my side, and opens my door. I just stare at him.

"Come on, mama, let's go." He smiles. I stretch my hands towards him and make grabbing hands waiting for him to get the signal. He rolls his eyes but picks me up bridal style anyways. As he makes his way to the door I bury my head in his chest. Sniffing I say "You smell good." I inhale deeply "Like super good." He chuckles. "Thanks."
He carries me into the house and up the stairs into a room. Darius walks over to the bed and lays me down. As he is pulling away from me I grab him and pull him down in the bed next to me.
"Woah sweetheart, what are you doing?" Darius says.
I grin at him, then roll myself on top of him, to the point that I'm straddling him.
"I'm just touching you," I say as I run my hands under his shirt and lightly kiss his neck.
I hear him groan underneath me and I smile against his skin while rubbing my hips against his. Darius' hands tightly hold my waist to stop me from grinding against him. I let out a whining noise to tell him I want him to let me go.
"No baby," groans Darius, "We can't do this while you're drunk. You'll hate me in the morning."
In the back of my mind, I know he is right, but I keep going anyway.
With that, Darius grunts loudly and lifts me off him while he quickly gets up. I pout up at him from my position on the bed.
Darius gives me a look that says he wants to keep going but he says, "Alex, if you still want to kiss me in the morning when you're sober, then I'll gladly do it. But I am not going to take advantage of you in this state. I don't need you regretting it and hating me."
In mine drunken state, it seems to finally click in my mind of what I'm doing. I look up at him and whisper, "Okay, I'm sorry."
He just smiles down at me and softly says to me, "Why don't you get some sleep baby girl? I'll see you in the morning." He then leans down and kisses my temple and pulls the blankets over me.
"Goodnight." I whisper.
"Goodnight sweetheart."

Chapter five is out, obviously! Hope you enjoyed it. From now on I will be updating every Friday unless something happens. So hopefully chapter six will be out by Friday, March twenty-third. Vote and comment I appreciate the support. Bye!