Chapter 11: Opening

The group walked into the mansion, where crowds of people chatted with one another. Dressed in their finest dresses and suits. The clothing swaying as they dance to the classical music being played.

Saber walks by Lancer's side, with an annoyed look on her face. "Lets get this over with quickly, I don't know how long I could stand in such a dress."

He responds by putting on an encouraging smile, "Well you do look swell in it, Saber. You armor might pop out of the crowd."

Maiya was in the car while me, saber and the homonculus go inside the party. Their mission was to find out if the Tohsaka's servant was the Berserker from his master's home invasion. According to the invitation the party was for the celebration of the young heir's birthday. A little girl named Rin Tohsaka.

Lancer loosened his tie. "May I ask, what the plan is? Your master only said to get in and get out, I don't understand what he meant." He says to Saber who was looking at the ground.

Irisviel buts in to the conversation. "I got one. I'll distract the Tohsakas with a light conversation while you guys go upstairs to looks for the servants! I'll give you the signal." She says winking at Saber and went off to chat with the other guests in the party.

Diarmuid extended his arm out to Saber, "Well shall we go."

Arturia looked down at his hand and rolled her eyes "How chivalrous of you.." slipping her hand through the crook of his arm.

Diarmuid only smiled, not knowing what else to do. What else did he have to say? Staring at the people dancing to the classical music. Then without thinking Lancer blurts out, "Would you like to dance? Saber?" 

As soon as he said, Lancer immediately regretted it. May the boar slaughter me again, gods why must I be so awkward.

Arturia puts her free hand out under her chin. "Dancing will avoid attention and will give us better sight of the servant." She nods.

Oh thank God, she's so dense.

~~~~♤~~~~

"Well then.." Diarmuid's arm slips out of Arturia's grip. "Will you give me the honor of joining me for one dance, I believe this is what people say in this time."

Saber pink lips curved into a soft smile, letting her gloved hand be caressed by Lancer.

It was a group dance, so everyone would exchange partners through it. But for now it was only them two dancing.

Her hand was on his shoulder, while his was on her waist. "Where did you learn how to dance, Saber?" Lancer asked focusing on his footwork.

"It's like fighting, plus in my time Lancelot usually forced me to get out of the round table and into the party. So I had to learn somehow." She laughs, thinking of her old friend. Well use to be, at least.

The king of knights still wondered what happened to him. "Saber? You seem to be in distress, is there a problem?" Lancer asks.

Arturia only shakes her head, "No no, I'm alright. Just thought about the past for a bit."

"Don't we all?" Diarmuid says putting on a reassuring smile.

Saber smiled back, glad to know that there was at least one person who knew what it felt like.

Suddenly, a pulse hit her head. Pain seeping into her temple. She wince, looking at Diarmuid who does the same. They both sense it.

"A servant..." Saber says looking around,

"It's here.."