Shoot.

Kinda heavy gang Ruby chapter.

~Ruby's POV~

My phone screeches at 7 but I quickly rush to turn it off. I freeze as Sapphire rolls over in bed but continues to lightly snore. I chuckle a bit as I relax my muscles and roll out of her bed. It's waaaaaaaaay to early to be up on a Sunday but I owe Sapphire a breakfast in bed and a new picture frame. Before I leave the room, I make sure to pull the covers tightly over Sapphire. She gets cold easily.

Lazily I walk down the hall and into the kitchen, searching her cupboards for pancake ingredients. Sapphire has everything organized, pretty much the cleanest kitchen I've ever seen. I start making her breakfast and then clean the dishes I used, making sure the kitchen looks exactly the same way I found it. She should have a relaxing off day today.

Ok. There's pancakes, eggs, bacon, and orange juice.  Should I write her a note? Yeah... But first I need to get her a new picture frame. 

I get a text from my dad as I walk back to Sapphire's room. 

Dad: Temple. Now.

I reply quickly. 

Ruby: Uh I'm kinda busy right now. I'll be there soonish.

I know he is not going to like that at all but he doesn't reply. Silence is scarier than anything else with this man. Oh boy...

I creep quietly back into her room and get dressed in my clothes from yesterday. I brush my hair out and pull it back using my ribbon. Grabbing my keys, I leave her apartment very quietly and head to the store.

...

Alright, the photo is safe in a frame which I placed on her bedside table. I wrote a note saying sorry for breaking it in the first place. It's around 8:30 now. Doesn't seem too early to wake her up.   I walk into her room, tray in hand and set it on the ground before sitting on the bed. 

"Saaaapphire," I shake her lightly.

"Mmmmm," she groans in her sleep.

"Saaaaaaappphyyyyy," I shake her again and then poke her cheek.

"What do you want," she says as she swats my hand away. "Come on sleepy get up. It's 2:30!" I joke with her.

She immediately shoots up and looks around. Her hair is everywhere and I can see her eyes get frantic. "Oh my gosh did I really sleep that long?" She crawls over the bed to her phone and checks the time. I only sit there laughing. 

"Ruuuuubyyy, you better have a good reason for waking me up so early on a weekend," she says angrily. When she sets her phone down she notices her picture in the new frame. As she grabs it, I reach down and pick up her breakfast.

"I just wanted to say sorry." She smiles at the new frame and giggles as I place the food on her lap. 

"Thank you Ruby. So much. You really didn't have to," she insists.

"No I didn't but I wanted to. I messed up and I just wanted to fix it." She smiles at me and places the picture back on the table before she starts to eat.

"So what's the plan for today," she asks as she cuts her pancakes. She's cutting them in slices... Weirdo.

"Oh um well I have to go home soon. Dad wants me for some things." Sapphire nods her head in understanding. "Do you have to go home now?"

"Yeah kinda. He hates waiting and he sent me a text a while ago so he's kinda mad."

"Oh," she says disappointedly.