Chapter Sixteen - Signs

En başından başla

"So how about your sister and Dylan?" he says, beaming.

"I know, right? It's crazy."

We walk in comfortable silence.

"I did some research for Noah today," I break the silence and Jay looks at me hopefully. "I didn't find much except adoption agencies in Ohio and their contact information. We could try to call them."

"That sounds good, thank you."

I ask him about work; he tells me about his client from hell. We share a good laugh and I tell him about my day. He seems more laid back than usual. His answers are short, his smile doesn't last longer than ten seconds, and for once he isn't teasing me.

"You okay?" I ask. He stops walking and faces me. His eyes roam my face and when they meet my eyes, he steps toward me, slipping a hand behind my head. His sudden touch makes me gasp slightly.

Slowly, he leans in, barely touching my lips with his. Kiss me, please kiss me, I beg internally.

As if he hears my plea, he closes the gap between us and I relax against his body. He notices and brings his other hand behind my back to righten and pulls me closer. I let him part my mouth and kiss me deeper. I couldn't care less that we're in public. I haven't stopped thinking about him, every part of me yearns for his touch.

I realize I've spoken too soon because he pulls away and I'm left with swollen, lonely lips.

"I've been thinking about kissing you since you left on Sunday." His thumb brushes my cheek.

"Do you want to kiss me some more in my apartment?" I say, cautiously raising an eyebrow. A devilish grin appears on his face.

"Ms. Leighton, are you trying to get me into bed with you?"

"Well, we can be in bed without having sex."

"Good point, I guess I should rephrase my question." He stops walking for a second time and faces me. "Ms. Leighton, are you trying to fuck me?"

I almost choke on my saliva. I take a second to control my thoughts. "I'll let you decide that answer," I say, trying to stifle my laughter. I'm glad he's back to his flirtatious, teasing self.

He shrugs his shoulders and we head the other direction, back toward my apartment.

By the time we make it to the elevator and hit the button, we're both too giddy to wait. Like impatient kids, he pulls me toward the stairs where we made out for the first time.

My skin feels excessively hot where he's touching.

"I'm warning you Sky, I'm not having sex with you today." He says before pinning me against the wall and smashing his lips against mine.

I groan at the sweet relief but push him away. "Why not? Your need to wait makes me seem like a girl who can't control her hormones and begs for sex."

He laughs against my mouth. "That's clearly my plan."

We resume our impromptu makeout session and eventually--somehow-- make it to my front door. After fiddling with the key, I push the door open and we stumble inside.

He breaks away. "Nice place, I haven't seen it yet."

I watch him look around while closing the door and take my shoes off. He sees me and kicks his off too.

"You could've but you ran away that night, ass." He lets out a short chuckle and continues roaming. I watch his finger trail over every surface.

My apartment is nothing like his. Although his is barely lived in nor decorated, it still beats mine by a million. You can definitely tell someone lives here. Raven and I bought some of the furniture from cheap places, the rest came with the place.