Ch. 12 - Collapsed (edited)

Smile cause you deserve to be happy 😇

-----------------------------------------

Pink.

It's almost twilight when I woke up from a deep slumber. I'm stretching my limbs a little, then forced my eyes to stay wide.

Just as I turn to my right, I saw a note filled with my mate's scent.

Zed.

It's too early to rejoice.

Curiosity pushed me to reach for the note.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Collins,

Look for me. Got something to tell you.

Z.

xxxx

I rolled my eyes. He can do better than this!

I sighed. What is he up to now?

I took a quick shower then I brushed my teeth.

I got stucked at my sudden indecision on what to wear.

In the end, I end up wearing a simple floral dress that ends above my knees.

I head towards the kitchen. Loki smiled at my way.

"Hungry?" he asked.

I shook my head, making my way towards the water dispenser. I'm thirsty.

"How's your sleep?"

I choked. I'd be dead if the Alpha finds out.

"Don't worry, Pink. I won't tell them. It's good that you slept. Anyways, I got to go."

I nodded and bid my goodbye.

Just as I was about to wash the dishes, I caught my mate's addicting scent, then a pair of arms pushed me gently to the wall.

"Really?!" He hissed.

I just blinked my eyes. Our face are only inches apart. Him being damn handsome is so distracting.

"W-What?" I stuttered.

"Do you really have to flirt with a cook?! A cook?! Are you fucking kidding me?!" he's fuming mad.

I shook my head. "W-We just... I----

"Save it! Follow me." he snarled.

I nodded my head as I followed him.

He's a goddamn psycho! I need to compose myself. There's no way I'll let him startle me.

So as usual, I deadpanned.

We entered the Greenhouse. This place is truly lovely. The flowers are everywhere. They are culturing butterflies here, making this place really breathtaking.

There's a medium sized spiral stairs decorated with artificial vines and roses heading to a mini terrace intended for overviewing the place.

This is a romantic place to get engaged.

I sighed dreamily.

I almost forgot that I came here with my jerk of a mate until he snapped his fingers at my face.

"Is it damn hard to focus on me even in just a few minutes?" he hissed.

I narrowed my eyes at him.

He continued speaking, "Moving on, I'm here to have a word with you. I'll cut the bullshit. We need each other. Zac, my wolf is getting weaker. And I know your wolf is feeling the same too."

I just nodded. Unable to say anything.

He ran his fingers through my hair,
"I'll accept this bond on one condition."

I blinked.
It's painful to think that conditions are needed for me to have him.

"Spill..."

"Pink, I will have you but you'll be kept."

My jaws dropped in a literal sense.
What the??? Seriously?!

"Set your pride aside. Pink, we need to--------

I snapped at him. "My pride? No shit?! Isn't that supposed to be your pride?!"

He just stood there. Clenching his jaw, his eyes are changing colors, his wolf trying to take over.
"Watch your mouth, mate."

I sighed. "I know I won't be the best mate there is to exist. But damn it, do I really deserved to be kept?" my face still void of emotion.

"Collins, I--------

"No, you answer me honestly right here, right now."

He let out a sigh. "I'm not here to argue nor explain why you have to be kept."

"I deserve to know why the hell am I to be kept..." I hissed.

"Well, you shouldn't be surprised at all. Remember who and what you are in this pack. You are not fit to be the Luna. You are not from a strong pack. Yes, you do have Alpha blood in you but that is not enough for me, for us, for this pack."

"Then reject me." I bravely suggested.

"There is no need for me to reject you."

"You have all the need in the world to reject me. If you do not find me fitting to any of your plans then you might as well save yourself from the misery.
I don't want to be a burden so let's spare each other."

His jaw clenched. "You don't get a say in this..."

"Despite my standing in this pack, I am still your mate vut if you don't think I deserve it then let's be out on each other's way."

He chuckled. "And what?? Let the chef cook have his way with you? Do you think I'm stupid? If you think so, you better think again."

"I said I'm not with Loki." I hissed.

"That's easy to say but actions speak louder than words. That idiot cares for you and I do not appreciate that."

"I don't care..."

He slapped me hard four times.
My head felt light. That's a shitty hard slap.

The next thing I knew, I'm surrounded by darkness.