Chapter 43: Day 3 Afternoon

Börja om från början

I smiled, “Thank you Selma.”

“You’re welcome, but don’t say your goodbyes to me yet.”

“It’s a deal, let’s get back to the dining room.”

“Pilote was going to follow you in here, but I insisted on doing it instead.”

“Why?”

“Because I think it’s been a long time since you’ve had any real girl time.”

I smiled, “I think you’re right.”

                        I followed Selma to the dining room this time where Pilote just finished helping set the table. He put the last plate down and put his arm around me.

“You okay?” he asked.

I nodded, “I’m okay.”

“Sure?”

I nodded again, “Thank you though. What kind of pizza do we have?”

“Probably one of every kind,” John said.

“Works for me,” I laughed.

                        The pizzas were all spread across the table and we all took turns taking slices. We each took at least four slices for ourselves. I looked around the table. I looked to the other side of me and saw four chairs empty at the end. We threw the empty pizza boxes to that end of the table. The table seems empty, I don’t like it. Usually we’re talking nonstop, interrupting each other, and laughing when we get confused trying to keep up. Today we’re all silently eating our pizza. John mumbled a couple things to Pilote, but other than that it was silent.

“Okay,”  I finally broke the silence, “Can we at least talk? The silence is killing me.”

“I can tell you a story about my parents?” Topanga suggested.

“That would be great,” I smiled, “Please.”

“Growing up my parents had this thing about letting me explore as long as I had someone else go with me. I think it’s because my mom couldn’t go anywhere growing up and my dad had a chaperone all the time. I didn’t need a chaperone, but I always needed some kind of friend with me. One day I decided to go downtown with one of my best friends. She ended up leaving early, but I didn’t want to go home.”

“I was in town that day,” Sam continued, “I saw her first. I knew she was the one. I walked up to her and told her she shouldn’t be walking alone.”

Topanga smiled, “He took my hand and walked me back to the castle.”

“Really?” I smiled. “That’s how you two met.”

They both nodded.

“That’s so cute!” Layal exclaimed.

“It is,” Topanga agreed, “and I asked him to stay and hang out with me. Our first kiss was by the front gate as soon as he walked me home. We spent the rest of the night getting to know each other.”

“What did your parents think?” I asked Topanga.

“They were thrilled. You know them… well kind of, but anyway they were thrilled. They always had this dream of wanting everyone to experience the kind of love they had. They were head over heels in love with each other my entire life. What they had was special and they wanted everyone to have it. I think that’s why everyone has their soul mates now.”

“They welcomed me into the family,” Sam said, “even asked me to move in.”

“Did you do it?” John asked.