Chapter 32: Don't Wanna Say Goodbye

Chapter 32: Don’t Wanna Say Goodbye

“What do you want?” Pilote asked the person at the door.

Seth walked in, “You’re not in a good mood. Am I interrupting something?”

Pilote closed the door behind him, “Actually you are.”

“Sorry,” he shrugged, “But I still need to talk to you.”

“Whatever.”

I giggled, “Ignore him. What’s up Seth?”

“I’ve talked to a bunch of people and I have everything figured out. I know how we’re going to leave undetected.”

“How?” I asked him curious.

“I’ve emailed everyone at the school and we’ve arranged for a field trip. We’ll all leave here in packs of five or six at different times. We’ll have backpacks that hold our supplies and everyone will think we’re just going to school. We’ll all pile in the buses and again the buses will leave in twos or three at different times. It’ll take a few days of nonstop driving, but we’ll camp out for a few days undetected until the continents are close enough for us to walk across.”

“It sounds like you have everything figured out,” I told him.

“Except one thing,” he said, “Where the Silthra’s actually are.”

“Which is why you need us,” I added.

“Yeah, look I have all the maps to help you.”

He spread one of them out on the bed, “I know they’re in this general area, but I need to know specifically.”

“We’ll figure it out Seth,” I said. “I’ll give you back the map tomorrow.”

“Thank you,” he said and left the room.

I stood up, “Looks like we have something to do.”

“Just when I was having fun too.”

“Oh we can continue when we get back,” I smiled.

“I’m counting on that,” he smiled.

“Ready?” I held out my hands.

He took them, “Let’s start at the border.”

“Okay.”

                        I closed my eyes and imagined the border; the smell of the ocean and the trees in my view. I felt myself being lifted from my body when I opened my eyes we were there. The ocean was right in front of me and I could see the forest.

“Where do we check first?” I asked Pilote.

They wouldn’t stay somewhere in the open. Let’s try the forest.

Okay.

                        We created a hide-out in a tree a mile or two into the forest where we would stay until dark. Even though no one can see us it is safer to travel at dark. It was to our advantage. Pilote and I only talked through mind reading in case a Silthra was near.

I heard a sound coming from deeper in the forest. I think they’re in this area.

I agree, Pilote thought, I can feel it.

What do you think they know?

I don’t know, he shook his head, I wish I did.

Someone’s going to get hurt, I know it. I can feel it.

Rolla, it’s a war. A lot of people are going to get hurt. That’s what wars are about.