[15] Ezra: "Delusional Còckblocker."

[ U N E D I T E D ]

DEDICATED TO The5secsof1d :) [thank you for being an awesome reader for all these years!]

~

WARNING:

ThE FIRST HALF of this Chapter contains a lot of stuff that's a BIT unnecessary for Ezra's story if you're ONLY reading HIHB, but if you're also a TT reader then go ahead without worries.

To Readers of HIHB: SKIP STUFF INSIDE '( )'. AND this is the last time you'll have to put up with unnecessary info dumped on you. Sorry. Won't happen again. There's a reason why I did it and it's hard to explain since you have no clue about Tatum's life. But if you still understood anyways, thank you. :)

Don't be pissed off. I promise the next chapter will be awesome.

-

Ezra Harland's PoV:

It's been two weeks.

Two whole weeks of desolate days and lonely nights.

Actually, the first week hadn't been so bad. I'd pretty much kept an eye on the door the whole time during the day and laughed away with everyone and acted like nothing was out of place—although I suspect that along with my two best friends, Tatum—whom I'd gotten to know pretty well—had seen right through it as well, but hadn't mentioned anything out of respect for personal feelings or whatever.

It'd been a pretty good distraction to get to know the Karas trio, the two best friends, and Angier's Mate, and after a particular incident when Tatum's parents had demanded that she either find a Mate or wait till she finds one before accepting her title, our mission to help her find a guy had been successful in taking my mind off of my own Mate.

(Although, the said mission was unsuccessful. The guy we'd tried to set her up with was Louis Carson, a drama club acquaintance of Angier's—and our game plan had been to let Angier endlessly torture Tatum until she'd finally given in and entered into the auditions of Romeo & Juliet. Our hopes had been that she and Lou would be cast against each other as the romantic leads—but unfortunately, he ended up being cast as Mercutio and Angier freaking Wellington; the very guy whom we were trying to help Tatum get over, was cast as Romeo.

I wondered that day if it was Fates conspiring and trying to tell us something.)

Anyways, all those failed efforts and teasing had led to some pretty entertaining conversations during the days, and that had made me happy.

But the nights.

I have not been lucky enough to find someone or something to distract myself with for the nights.

They've been the worst.

It's been so quiet, and there's been nothing there to accompany me except my own thoughts. Sometimes I wondered if the reason why she's not bothered to even text, okay, we haven't officially exchanged numbers yet but it's not exactly that hard to find mine and neither was hers as she's an Alpha, and that's why I have it saved on my phone.

I know, I could've tried and reached her by texting first, but I wanted to see just how long she could do this being-away thing without so much as a word.