[7] Ezra: "Stop being so Cute."

Ezra Harland's PoV:

"I think I should throw a party." I mumble from my comfortable lounge across Seneca and Micajah's big bed—Micajah's room is practically unused all the time, so it's kinda like a guest room now—putting my book on my chest and turning my head to look at my best friends. Both of them look up from their perches across from each other in the matching desks they've put in their dorm room, (see what I mean? It's not used like a single room, at all) to shoot me the most incredulous and befuddled look known to man.

"You got that from reading the Contract Law?" Micajah appraises me funnily, and the tilt of his lips suggests he's controlling an amused chuckle.

"I wouldn't be surprised if he got that from Ratio Analysis." Seneca shakes her head, then goes back to writing like I hadn't even spoken.

Nuh uh, no can do.

"Listen, guys." I sit up straight, putting my textbook beside me as I fold my legs to get comfortable, "We've been here for almost a week and we know no one. Except Nyah and Paige, but Nyah barely talks to me and Paige, well, I have to be PG-13 with her. So we need more Wolf friends. We need to part-ay and know what all the college rage is about."

Both of them continue to study, not moving a single muscle as I wait for a reply. I roll my eyes at their lack of reaction, deciding to pull out the big guns. So, I shake my head ruefully, letting out an over-exaggerated sigh as I fall back on the bed, lying down, "And here I wanted to invite the Alphas and their Mates in all of the east."

I first hear the scratch of Seneca's pen across the paper stop, and from the corner of my eyes, I see Seneca slowly looking up and meeting Micajah's eyes. Even if Seneca doesn't like new people and even if Micajah still has the residual social anxiety at times, as the Alpha couple of a huge pack, they can never pass up an opportunity to throw a party for the Alphas that will strengthen their alliances. And of course, there's also the fact that if the party ends up being kick-ass, the Alphas will be talking about it for a while. They share a look, and I know immediately I've won.

Score!

"Fine." Seneca says finally, dropping her pen to turn around in her chair to face me, "We're in." Micajah agrees as he too, closes his book and turns around.

"Sorry, I'm not in the mood for partying, now." I shrug my shoulders and turn the next page, not even bothering to look up and meet their eyes.

Serves them right for treating me like that.

"Ezra, my darling brother?" MIcajah coos, and I suppress my chuckle at his childish behavior.

"Hm?"

"You're holding your book upside down."

Dammit! This is why you should actually look at what you're holding, Ezra!

"Yeah, so what? I was just seeing if I could read it that way."

"Uh huh.." That's Seneca's smug-as-frack voice.

"Yep." I refuse to turn and look at them, but the urge to do so is overwhelming and let's face it, I'm powerless when faced with such temptation of a party, "Alright, fine!" I put my book back down and sit up, grinning enthusiastically, "Let's make the booze list first!"

They laugh, jumping up to join me on the bed for our planning.

~

I'm walking out of the computer room with my hands full of the printed invites we'd designed last night, when that strange awareness hits me. I scan the place and I quickly find Nyah and her friend Alessia walking in my direction.