C H A P T E R T H I R T Y F O U R

Start from the beginning

"You do have a beautiful face, Damian." Adelaide agreed as she hugged him around the waist.

"Thank you, darling. You're very gorgeous as well." He pressed a kiss to her head, pouting a little at the thought that his little miss was going to be married. She wouldn't be his 'little miss' anymore, but his 'married little miss'.

Oh, the horror.

"Don't abandon me, okay? I don't want you ignoring me just because you're bonded with beasty."

"I won't, Damian." Adelaide chuckled lightly. "And thank you for making me calm."

"What are lycans for?" He winked and helped her smooth over her skirt, fussing over her hair as he joked about how Xerxes would make a mess out of it when they battled tongues anyway.

"I repeat," Norward berated the lycan with a slap of his wing to his head, "watch your language."

"When are you going to quit it with the slapping, chicken wing?!" Damian gasped in mock hurt. "I may be sexually active but I am not into that kind of thing! Nor am I interested to explore the male body!"

"Mother give me strength." The guardian muttered to himself as he pinched the bridge of his nose before taking a deep breath; which almost got knocked out of his lungs when he took in the beauty that was standing in front of him.

"I-I, um, y-you look, I mean-"

"So this is what a speechless chicken looks like." Damian smirked, clapping a hand on the wingless part of Norward's back. "Say it with me, chicken wing. 'You look mesmerizing.' Come on now, not that hard."

"I will beat you to death with my wing if you do not stop touching me." Norward scowled at the lycan, flicking his hand off his shoulder before putting his attention to Adelaide who held an amused smile to her face.

The guardian cleared his throat and gave a small grin. "You do look mesmerizing, mistress. The fairest of them all, as a matter of fact."

He heard Damian give a noise of disagreement but he ignored it and instead fished out an item from his pocket and presented to Adelaide who gasped softly with childlike delight.

"I had Lilura shrink my feather so that at times when I am not physically with you, you can gain comfort from this. I know that it doesn't match with your dress but it would be an honor to have you wear this tonight."

Damian smiled, lifting Adelaide's hair for her as Norward tied the leather cord loosely around her slender neck. The shrunken brown feather fell just atop her breasts whilst her shoulders lay bear. Her dress fitted her like a sheath at the top but gradually flared out as enchanted snowflakes were intricately stitched together at the bottom as it gave the illusion of it falling from the top of her sweetheart neckline whilst her arms were covered in thick lace.

She looked like a queen of snow.

Adelaide sniffled, barely containing her tears as she hugged Norward tightly. "Thank you, Nowy."

Norward felt his heart grow heavy, though he didn't know why so he wrapped his arms around her and never wanted to let her go. "You're welcome, my lady."

"Gentlemen, sister." Eztli cutted in, breaking the moment between guardian and gift. "It's time."

"Mood ruiner." Damian grumbled. "Go back to bickering with the fish."

"You do know I am right here, yes?" Colbert asked with a raised brow, walking to stand beside the king's brother.

"Do I look like I care?"

Norward shook his head at their childish antics before he offered his arm to Adelaide.

"Let's get you married, shall we?"