Chapter 3- The Clever Choice

Chapter 3 - THE CLEVER CHOICE

Dylan's pov

“Ava Marian Skye.” Mike read out from his ipad as he fed the address listed in the tab to his GPS. We were currently seated in his hot red Mercedes Benz compact sedan. Mike’s honest blue eyes were curiously scanning the screen of his ipad as he absentmindedly steered the car out of the big double gates of my brother’s guest house.

I had found myself some old faded light blue jeans and a simple V-necked white T-shirt with a cartoon of Popeye the sailor man at its front to put on. The clothes belonged to my brother but they seemed to fit me just fine.

“Is that her profile?” I asked adjusting my sunglasses and pushing the button to open the sunroof.

“Yeah.” He answered in an offhanded manner and pushed the button again to close the sunroof. He seemed to be extremely over worked. He was splitting his concentration between the gadget in his hand, the road and shutting the sunroof. And God knows what was going on inside that head of his.

“What does it say?” I asked and guessed without waiting for a reply. “Ginger head, grey- green eyes, five feet six inches, pasty skin, cranky with a very short fuse…”

“Shut up Dyl. The last thing I want is you judging her.” Mike snapped.

“What is that supposed to mean?” I asked annoyed and honestly quite confused. I never judge people. I did not know where this crap was coming from. Well of course I was fooling around about the waitress.

“It’s nothing. I was just…” He started making up an excuse.

“No Mike, I would really like to know.” I meant to sound honest but the sentence came out an octave higher than I intended to.

“Seriously? Are we going to do this now?” Mike asked incredulously as he stepped harder on the gas pedal.

“Why is this a bad time?” I asked intending to piss him off as I was pretty pissed myself.

“Unbelievable man!! You ask me ‘Why this is a bad time?’ Our careers are at the brink of termination. All thanks to you and that moron Matt.” He started his rant. It was like the flood gates of a dam were burst open. “You sit here with the air of someone who owns the world. I know you’re at the top of your game now but that’s not going to last long if this crazy idea of ours doesn’t come through. Then you’ll be back to living off your inheritance and I’ll be back to bartending. That is not the future I had in mind for either of us. I was mistaken that the sudden stardom has changed you but I was wrong I should have known all along you were the spoilt drunken brat. You keep getting in to shit and I must always clean up after you. You make fun of that poor girl’s profile. Do you have any idea what your profile would look like? Lustrous brown hair, brown eyes, an egotistical, six feet two inches tall, narcissistic pig.” He sighed. His voice had modulated from anger, sarcasm to disappointment and back to anger.

“You forgot to mention the super-hot pictures that would go with my profile.” I winked at him pulling my sunglasses down to reveal my wink and he rolled his eyes at me.

“Mike you don’t have to clean up my shit. You chose to clean up my shit.” I pointed out.

“I know you pay me for it!” He said with his shoulders slumping.

“That is not what I meant. You are not some regular agent and I’m not some regular client. It’s not business its friendship.” I wanted him to know how much I appreciated what he had done for me. If it wasn’t for Mike I would still be spending my inheritance with a small dream in the back of my head to become an actor.