First Day On The Job

Slow down Asha.

I was pacing myself as I went for an early Wednesday jog beofre my first day at work. I'd left Kahleel back at my place, knowing that he'd still be sleeping. I was trying to run back to the house, in time to cook breakfast and get ready for work.

I was a little nervous about starting my first real job. I was going to be an athletic trainer at Morehouse College for boys. I would be working with the injured atheltes, helping them improve physically. The great thing about this job is, I had access to the gym and work out room. So I could work out as much as I pleased.

I jogged back to the house, in about 10 minutes. A three mile jog is tiring, if you ask me. I tiptoed into the huse, trying not to wake Kahleel up. I walked to my guest bedroom, where Kahleel was sleeping, to check on him. I laughed a little in my head once I seen his face. He was slobbing with his mouth wide open. Yea...remind me to wash that pillowcase. I snuck out of the room, and made my way to the kitchen.

I prepared eggs, baocn, toast, and grits. It was the least I could do, since it was my fault that Kahleel missed curfew. I was putting his plate when he walked out of the room.

"Morning. It smells good."

"Morning Leel. This is yours!"

"Thank you."

We sat down at the table, having a silent breakfast.

"Oh yeah, I washed your clothes. I wanted you to be clean."

"Thanks Asha! You didn't have to do that."

"You're right, but I do have to get ready for work. So I'll see you later!"

:Aight. Hit me up later!"

"OK!"

I yelled back as I ran to my room. I hopped into the shower and let the hot water hit my face. I was entirely exhausted on my first day. I got out of the shower and quickly threw on my work clothes. I was wearing a red Morehouse staff shirt, with my name in the upper-left corner. I was wearing some cargoes and my concord 11's.

I used my curling wand to create some spiral curls. I had to be to work at nine a.m. I would be considered late at 8:50. I looked at my clock. It was 8:10, and I knew traffic would be backed up early this morning, so I decided to grab my purse and gym bag, and leave the house.

Good Loving, feel so numb, ride me til' I'm bout to c*m, xo don't be shy.....Is you ready baby?.....shawty ya curious.....The block still hot from your Jimmy Choos.

Curious/Wus Good by Partynextdoor blasted to through my trucks' speakers(Ya'll really need to listen to his music) as I pulled into the workplace. I seen giants as I got out of the car. I was making my way up the stairs to the entrance when I bumped into Laney, the cutie who delivered my furniture.

"Asha, Hi."

I was checking him out for a while. He had on an all black tight dri-fit nike tank, some grey gym shorts, and black and grey nike running shoes. The shirt showed his muscles perfectly. He was dripping with sweat.

"Uh..Asha!"

"Oh, my bad. Hey Laney. What are you doing here?"

"I actually go to school here, I just move furniture for extra cash."

"Oh that's cool."

"I'm guessing you work here, based on the shirt?"

"Yea! I go to Spelman but I do this for extra cash."

"Cool,cool. Well I'll let you get to work, I'll be seeing you in a few for training. Don't piss coach off."

"Wait, I'll be training you?"

"I'm a basketball player."

I smiled once, and I walked into the building. Laney was so damn fine. I almost forgot who I was for a moment. I walked into the arena and damn my heart stopped. The place was beautiful and the floors were shinny. I looked at the basketball court become a bit unfocused as I thought about Laney moving his butt up and down the court. Just then, a low pitched voice approached me.

"Excuse me ma'am, are you the new worker, Asha?"

"Oh. I'm sorry. Yeah, that's me."

'Hi, I'm Gerald. But to everyone, I'm just coach. Let me show you to the players so they can meet you."

"Okay."

A few mintues later I'm walking into a locker room with coach. I walked in to see boys half dressed, sitting on the benches talking. Once I walked in, I got all eyes on me.

"Attention guys! This is your new trainer, Asha! She will be helping you guys."

"Does this Asha have a boyfriend?" One of the players yelled out.

"Even if I didn't, no you're not getting my nu,ber so hold ya horses."

The players started laughing.

"Carry on fellas."

I was walking out of the locker room when I felt as if I ran into a brick wall. I looked up to see Laney in a towel, dripping water down his chest.

"We have to stop meeting like this bruh!" I laughed,

"Laney, put on some damn clothes and show Asha where to set up."

"Alright."