Kiss It, Make It Better

Start from the beginning

"Sapphire start walking home, fast. I'll catch up."

"But-"

"Please," I say a bit impatiently. Then I whisper, "take a different route so they can't see where you're heading." She nods her head slightly and hurries off.

"What're you gonna do now huh? Stab me? Kill me?" This guy was taunting me and is on my last nerve. "You're little girlfriend could've saved you. We'd go easy on you if a lady was present." I smirk at that. They think I'm weak. "A lady is present dumbasses."

My only option is to fight these guys. There's only 3. I've taken much more. 

"Look, we can do this the easy way or the-" I interrupt him with a punch to the throat, leaving him winded and choking. The other two come running up to me but they obviously don't know to fight. One throws a punch to my head, which I quickly dodge, grabbing his arm and bending it in the wrong direction, hearing a small snap. He already is on the ground holding his arm to his chest. 

I wasn't paying attention to the third guy who was able to punch me in the side, making me stumble a little. Quickly I steady myself and punch him in his nose twice making him disoriented. 

He stands up and fakes a punch to my stomach only to get me in the jaw. My head snaps to the side. "Fuck..."

He smiles a little before I look back at him and swing at him straight to the head, knocking him out. 

"It's not nice to hit a girl," I say smugly before walking off. The other two were trying to drag that last guy to the car so I knew I won. I quickly make my way to Sapphire's place and hope and pray that she made it there safely. I knock on the door. I hear footsteps but the door doesn't open. Good, she's smart about this.

"It just me Ruby, Sapphire." The door swings open and she jumps into my arms to hug me.

"Whoa, you're gonna make me fall over Sapphy." She pulls away and her eyes damn near have stars in them. "That was exhilarating Ruby! Is that what gang life feels like? Oh my gosh, I had such an adrenaline rush! I can't believe you did that for me!"

She's so cute when she's excited. I just chuckle a bit and smile. "You weren't supposed to find that exciting. Don't go turning into an adrenaline junkie on me."

She gasps a little and turns my face. "Shit Ruby your jaw is bruised and you're mouth is bleeding!"

She pulls me inside and leads me to her bathroom. "You should've seen them. " I chuckle while telling her. She sits me on the toilet while searching her cabinet for the first aid kit. "I think I may have broken one of their arms. Another won't breathe easy for a while and the last is sleeping," she laughs a little at that while grabbing a disinfectant wipe and puts it on my cut lip.

I back away quickly, "Ow that stings!"

She chuckles. "Well no duh." And continues to clean it up. She hands me a glass of water so I can wash the blood out of my mouth. "Did they hit you anywhere else?"

I spit the water out in the sink. "Just a punch to the side, but a little ice and I should be fine." She nods and heads to the kitchen. I follow her.

She hands me an ice pack and towel from the freezer and leans against the counter. Her smile fades as she wraps her arms around herself. "I feel kinda useless. Like I could've done something during that instead of leaving you. I was like some damsel in distress," she sighs and looks down.

That's ridiculous. She isn't useless at all, there was nothing she could've done. I place the ice pack on the counter and walk up to her. She looks up at me. I push her bangs to the side so I can get another look at those beautiful blue eyes. My hand is resting on her cheek which she leans into. I hear her breathe get shallow and smile a little.