Chapter 19

Rebecca walked over to the front door, wondering who would have knocked. No one had ever come to visit her except for Stepha, and her heart pounded at the thought of meeting the social worker again.

Taking in a deep breath, Rebecca opened the door and gasped at who she had found.

Dally smirked at the Latina, finding joy in her surprise. “Hey Rebecca,” he smiled, his eyes mocking her as they danced in his slight chuckle.

“The hell do you want?” Rebecca stated rudely, not holding back on his account.

“Not even going to invite me inside for some coffee like the adults we are supposed to be?” Dally faked a hurt expression.

“I don’t have to do shit for you. You’re a monster.” She grumbled as she began to swing the door shut. She didn’t like his attitude and she especially didn’t like how weird he was acting compared to the last time she saw him. 

Dally stuck his foot in the door, preventing it from closing. “I have to talk to you.”

Rebecca sighed as she opened the door again. “And the straightforwardness is back. At least that’s the Dally I’m used to.”

Dally raised a brow at her, surprised by what she had just said.

“Anyway…” Rebecca tried to change the topic, suddenly embarrassed by what she had just said, “What do you have to talk to me about?”

“You have to move away.” He candidly stated again, his previous facial emotions gone as he tucked his hands into his pockets.

“Fuck off.” Rebecca muttered bluntly as she tried to shut the door again.

Dally stopped the door for a second time, this time wincing in pain to Rebecca’s delight. “I’m serious, Rebecca.” Dally growled through the crack of the door he had made for himself. “You have to get that monster out of here before a great calamity could fall upon us!”

Rebecca ground her teeth, tired of his lies. “A great calamity, huh? Tell me how Ami is supposed to start one of those?!” she yelled through the almost shut door.

Dally stayed quiet for a moment before saying “I can’t tell you…”

“Then fuck off and leave Ami and me alone!” Rebecca yelled before kicking his foot away from the opening and slamming the door shut.

She stood at the door, waiting for Dally to try something again, but nothing happened. Looking out the peephole, she watched Dally scratch the back of his head before turning around and walking off the hill. Rebecca sighed in relief, calmed that he had come and gone before Ami could get home from school.

“You have to get her out of here before a great calamity could fall upon us!”

His warning rang in Rebecca’s mind. What did he mean by that…?