Chapter 6: Welcome to the underground.

We landed on an air strip in New York City, Kyle and Lena slipped back into their hooded cloaks bowing their heads down so that no one could see their ears or eyes and know that they weren’t exactly human. 

Catching a taxi we travelled down some main road and spent more time in traffic than anything else. The taxi stopped and we piled out walking a short distance to an underground subway. It had a wooden panel in front of the staircase keeping people from entering.

“Uh I think it’s abandoned” I pointed out as they ducked under the wood and started to walk down the stairs.

“Yeah it is, now hurry up before we get caught” Logan said grabbing my hand and pulling me forward.

Walking down the stairs I tripped and stumbled falling forward into Logan. His hands shot out to catch me before I fell down the stair case.

“Why do you find the need to trip everywhere we go?”

“It’s not my fault!”

“Pick up your feet it’s not that hard” He said turning around and walking off again but slowing and turning his head to check on me every two seconds.

“Well then stop dragging me into places with gaps, stairs and twigs” I muttered falling into step behind them.

The old station was covered in dust and spiders making me jump a little closer to the others. We walked over to the edge of the platform and they started jumping down landing on the gravelled tracks.

“I thought you hate trains?” I said to Logan as he helped me down his hands grabbing my waist and gently settling me down on my feet.

“I do, but we’re not catching a train.”

“What’s wrong with trains? They’re so cool” Lena said walking ahead of everyone else.

“Lena shut up!” Logan yelled at her making her giggle.

I was walking along the tracks and felt a vibration. “Uh guys, theses tracks don’t get used any more do they?”

“I don’t know, never stayed long enough to find out” Logan called over his shoulder.

“If I get hit by a train I am going to haunt the crap out of you!”

“I’ll deal with it” he answered back. Jackass!

“Relax, these tracks haven’t been used in years, he’s just messing with you” Kyle said coming over to walk next to me.

“Why is he always messing with me?”

“Because he feels comfortable with you, you know it took years for him to even joke around with us let alone open up to us. But with you he seems to have opened up easily.”

“Opened up? He hasn’t told me anything”

“Yeah but he is so relaxed, you have me amazed Britney” I smiled at him accepting the compliment even if I wasn’t too convinced about what he had said.

“When you two are done chatting then maybe you’d like to give us a hand over here” Logan shouted.

Kyle and I walked over finding a little gap in the wall; if I was claustrophobic this would have been problematic.

“Ready?” Lena said smiling at me.

I nodded back at her and walked over to stand next to her. If I ever get back home I have to tell Danni about this, she would get along so well with Lena.