And so I Cry... (Smoke)

Smoke woke up slowly; he opened his eyes but was blinded by all the white in the room. "Where am I?" he croaked out, his throat dry. "In the hospital. Do you remember anything?" he heard someone say. Once his eyes adjusted, he saw her by his bedside. His wife, (Y/N). "How did I get here?" he asked and he could see her trying to hold back the tears. "You collapsed while making breakfast... They said... You..." she choked on her tears. "Spit it out woman..." Smoke said and (Y/N) took his hand, squeezing it. She took a couple of deep breaths, calming herself. She looked at their hands when she finally spoke up. "The doctors said that... You have a tumour, in your brain. They said it's inoperable and don't expect you'll have long... They gave you a week..." She explained and as soon as she'd finished speaking, she burst into tears. "Hey, calm down." Smoke said and rubbed his thumb along the back of her hand. "I'll be fine... I promise" He tried reassuring her, pulling her hand to his lips, kissing it.

And so I cry
As I hold you for the last time in this life
This life I tried so hard to give to you
What would you have me do?

One month later (Y/N) was standing in the graveyard looking at the fresh grave. "You promised me, once, that you would never lie to me. You broke that promise James. You weren't fine" She wiped a few tears away before she opened her mouth to speak again, but instead she just walked away. She didn't want to look at the reminder that he was dead. Her head was spinning as she walked back to the car where her father was waiting, but before she got to the car, she collapsed, making Thatcher rush out of the car and to her. "(Y/N)!" he exclaimed, shaking her shoulders slightly. She blinked slowly before looking at him. "I'm fine dad..." she mumbled but Thatcher only shook his head. "No, I'm taking you to a hospital"

A few hours, and countless tests later, (Y/N) was laying down in an uncomfortable hospital bed, waiting for an answer. Thatcher sat on a chair beside her bed when the doctor came in. Thatcher stood up, anticipating the results. "So?" he asked and the Doctor smiled at them. "Well, I have some good news for you." He said and (Y/N) frowned. "What do you mean?" she asked and the doctor turned towards her. "You're pregnant. Congratulations." He told her before turning to Thatcher. "Her collapsing was most likely due to stress. Where's the father?" he asked and looked back to (Y/N). Her eyes started filling with tears and her breathing became more and more shallow. "Calm down, deep breaths." The doctor said

A few months later, she was once again in the hospital, only this time she was holding her newborn son. Thatcher was beside her, smiling. "Can I...?" he asked and she smiled at him. "Go ahead, grandpa." She said, handing over her baby to him. The old man smiling like an idiot. "Hi there. I'm your grandpa." He said softly before looking back at (Y/N). "Do you know what to call him?" he asked and she nodded. "James. His name is James"

A/N: Up Next:

A Bunch of What Ifs (Bandit NSFW)

Hope you enjoy!
XOXO CarryOnMyWritingSon