Chapter 1

"Dean? Are you almost ready?" Castiel yelled up the stairs at his husband.

"Yeah, Cas! I'm just trying to find my jacket! You know, the one I always wear when I have a show in Lawrence?" Dean stepped out of the room, walking down the stairs and searching everywhere.

"Babe, I can't find it. I've always worn that jacket for my hometown." Castiel chuckled.

"Dean, calm down. It's in the Impala already. You just need to calm down. They're gonna love you," Cas whispered, fixing Dean's necklace.

"Well, yeah, but these shows are always special. I do three per tour in Lawrence and they all have to be different than any other concert I've ever done," Dean sighed, looking down.

Cas grabbed Dean's chin gently, pushing it up and looking in his eyes. "Hey, just remember that no matter what happens, I love you."

Dean smiled, leaning in and pecking at Cas' lips. "Okay. I love you too," and with that they walked out of the house, heading towards the car.

[Okay so I'm gonna put a vague little backstory in here:

Castiel was just a simple librarian. He was engaged to his high school sweetheart, Dean. Dean was an aspiring musician and Cas supported him in every way. When Dean finally got his record deal, his career took off and his and Cas' lives were anything but normal. They got married on a sunny day in October, the 16th to be exact, one month before Dean had to leave and go to LA to record his new songs.

Cas always knew that if Dean made it big, he didn't want to be in the media. He wanted his life private from he internet. Only his close family and friends knew about Dean and he was okay with that. It was hard at first, not being able to tell people about his wonderful husband and a lot of people didn't believe him.

Everyone in Lawrence knew about the two of them but they all admired the couple and everyone kept their lips sealed about the relationship.

This story takes place 3 years after the wedding/Dean's record deal.

Backstory over]

The couple made it to the plaza where Dean would be performing and Cas kissed him goodbye.

"Okay, I love you. Good luck up there. You're gonna be great."

He squeezed Dean's hand once more before sliding out of the car and walking over to where the audience would be standing, squeezing through and getting a spot front and center to the stage next to Dean's siblings, Sam and Jo.

There were a lot of people in the crowd already but Cas didn't mind. He was just ready to see Dean on that stage, his sweet voice filling the air.

"Hey, Cas," Sam said, smiling and throwing his arm around his brother-in-law's shoulders.

"Hi, Sam. How's Jess?" He asked, smiling.

"She's doing real good. She stayed home tonight, just wanted to rest." Castiel nodded, looking over at Jo who was talking with her best friend Ash.

"You ready for the concert?"

"Yeah, I guess. I mean, I've seen him perform so many times before but it's still awesome to see him up there."

Castiel nodded in agreement, looking behind him when he heard someone call his name.

He looked behind him to see Charlie, the co-librarian at the town library. She also happened to be Cas' best friend.

"Hey, Charles!" Jo half-yelled so that she could be heard over the constant murmuring of the crowd.

"H-hey, Jo." Charlie replied, her face turning red. She'd had the biggest crush on Jo Harvelle since the 8th grade.

"What's up, Charlie?" Cas said, leaning closer to his friend so he didn't have to yell.

"There's a lot of new faces in the crowd. Dean better not have any romantic gestures planned for you today."

Cas shook his head.

"Yeah, we talked about it earlier. He promised that he wouldn't do anything more than wink."

"Okay, whatever you s-"

Her voice was cut off by the loud screams of the crowd as the smoke billowed from the cannons, colored spotlights shining across the stage.

A shadow appeared from behind the smoke, walking up from the back of the stage, carrying an acoustic guitar in his hands. The smoke finally cleared, and Dean's eyes went directly towards Cas. He smiled at him and then looked up, strumming his guitar once.

"Hey, Lawrence! Are we ready for some music?!"

After the concert, Cas walked around the building, slipping in through the back door and walking directly to Dean's dressing room.  He knocked a rhythm that he had come up with with Dean and the door opened.

"Hey Cas," Dean whispered, grabbing his husband's hand and pulling him into the room. The door was closed and Dean pushed Cas up against the wall, kissing him hard. The blue eyed man smiled through the kiss, letting out small sounds of pleasure.

Dean traced his tongue along Cas' bottom lip, asking for permission. Cas slightly opened his mouth, letting out a small moan as he felt his husband's tongue brush past his own and they both started fighting for dominance. Cas' hand slowly trailed up Dean's back and resting on his neck as Dean carded his fingers through the other man's hair.

After a few minutes, Dean pulled away, his breath heavy. "Wow, Dean. Did.. you miss.. me?" Cas asked in between breaths.

"Hell yeah, I did! It gets lonely up there." He answered, pulling Cas' hand and bringing him over to the couch.

"How does it get lonely? You have your band up there with you and thousands of fans in the audience." Cas said, cuddling up next to Dean.

"Well, yeah, but I don't get to hug them or engage in normal conversations like I get to with you or our families."

Castiel nodded in agreement. "Yeah, I guess that makes sense." He looked up, kissing Dean's chin before the green eyed man looked down, connecting his lips with Cas'. They pulled away when they heard a knock on the door, and Dean pecked Cas lips once more before standing and walking over to the door.

He opened it to see his manager, Michael.

"Hey Mike. What's up?"

Michael's eyes went wide as if it was obvious what he needed. "Did you forget about your meet and greet that is going on in five minutes?!" The man said, his voice rising.

"No, I didn't forget. I was just messing with you, man." He smiled, looking at his manager who held up the number five on his hand. "Okay, okay. Let me just grab my jacket."

Dean shut the door behind him, walking over to the couch Cas was still sitting on, reaching over his husband to grab the jacket laying over the back.

"I'll be back in an hour. You good in here by yourself?" Dean asked, wrapping his arms around Cas.

"Yes, Dean. I'm 27, I'm pretty sure I can handle myself for an hour." He replied, a big smile on his face.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Just kiss me already."

(finally getting around to editing this after two whole years lmaoo i kinda wanna rewrite the whole thing bc this is so bad)