Chapter 10: Bianca

That night, I had some of my worst nightmares yet.

                I was walking around a field. There were flowers everywhere, different colors, different shapes, and different sizes. The wind was bending the blades of grass and the stems of the flower towards the west.

                How do I know it’s the west? There’s no sun and no shadows anywhere.

                They were beautiful. As I picked one up, I realized they were made of paper, but they smelt as sweet as normal flowers. The one I had picked up was a black, paper pansy – my favorite flower.

                I looked up and saw the sky was a light shade of violet with black clouds blowing through at rapid speeds; it was like Grand Central Station at rush hour. It seemed perfect, in a way. I sat down on the ground with a smile, feeling happy for the first time since I arrived at Camp Half-Blood. Well, except for when I was with Leo. I smelt more of the flowers and watched the beautifully busy sky overhead.

                All of a sudden, from the far side of the field, a fire began to burn. It made its way towards me at hurried speeds. I search frantically for anything to put it out, but found nothing. Soon I was engulfed in flames. I knew this was a dream, but it was like I was immune to the flames. If that makes any sense.

                Oh gods, please tell me I’m not sisters with Leo!

                As the flames dissolved, I stood in the Underworld. Well, I see the Floo Powder made its way to Percy Jackson from the Harry Potter series. I thought to myself as I wondered towards Hades palace. As I got to the steps, I saw Jo, Leo, Nico, and me standing there.

                What the Hades?

                "What? What is it?" I hear Jo ask.

                Nico and I turned around. We glanced at each other, then at her and Leo. "This is as far as you two can go. We have to go by ourselves." I told them.

                "What? What do you mean?" Leo asked, looking concern.

                "My father, he told me to have you wait out here. He just wants to meet Bianca." Nico replied.

                I looked down. Nico grabbed my hand, as we turned to go to Hades, and Leo looked away, a little hurt.

                What’s going on here?

                I stood frozen in my tracks as I watch Nico and myself disappear behind the doors to Hades’ castle. I quickly sprinted after myself, not wanting to miss what was happening. Gods, I hope there’s drama! I went to open the doors, but I fell through like a ghost. What am I? Casper the Friendly Ghost?

                “That was weird.” I said staring back at the doors. Then I took off again after Nico.

                I heard Hades talking to someone. I slowly walked in to see him looking down at me – well the other me. "No, you are special. You are a rather confusing girl, but I am glad to call you my daughter. When you get back to camp, your stuff will be in my cabin, and I will claim you at the campfire."

                I saw myself look down, and my arms began to flame.

                Since when could I do that? How could I do that?

                My train of thought was lost once I heard myself start shouting. "Why did you sent me to foster homes? Why didn't you claim me sooner?" I noticed my attention change from Hades to his wife, Persephone. "I understand that you're mad at Hades, but that gives you no excuse to hate me and Nico! It’s not our fault we were born!"

                When I had calmed down, my arms had died out, I looked up at Hades and Persephone. I was expecting them to kill the other me right then and there, but Persephone seemed to be pondering what I said and Hades seemed a little hurt.

                Nico put his hand on my arm and whispered something.

                "Let us go my children; your friends are getting antsy."

                I followed them outside. When we stopped walking, Hades stepped forward and plain out told Leo and Jo that I was his child as if it was no big deal. I looked over at myself to see I was avoiding Leo’s eyes. I glanced over to see him trying to get me to look at him, but my head remained down. Soon Hades turned around towards his palace leaving Nico and me with Leo and Jo to explain the rest. After Hades disappeared back into his palace, Nico was the first to speak.

                "Come on guys, let's get back to camp." I heard him say before I woke with a start.