Chapter 17: A Dance of Love

Start from the beginning

Maka: "... (Y/n), if you found out something bad about me, would you stop being my partner?" she asked suddenly changing the topic.

I didn't say anything, I wanted Maka to continue to talk.

Maka: "What if I was someone who had connections to possible enemies for you or would try to take you? I want to live happily with my friends, but I know that certain people would get in the way. Would you still be my partner even if people try to get us?" she asked me.

Me: "Sure." I said easily.

Maka: "Huh?" she said in surprise.

Me: "Maka, add one, two, a hundred more enemies doesn't really bother me. I already have so many so adding a few more doesn't mean anything anymore at this point of our life. Besides, we're partners, meaning I'll share your burden if you share mine." I said to her.

Maka: "Idiot. You may as well go to war with the entire world in that case." she said smiling at me.

Me: "If you're by my side partner, then we can take over the world." I joked.

We began laughing with one another until the song ended. Maka said that she wanted to talk with Weiss about something before walking away and I nodded. I looked around to see that I was surrounded by a lot of people. Seeing this, I made my way to a more secluded spot of in the room. The punch bowl.

I was about to make my way over to it until I suddenly bumped into someone. We both apologized and that was when I noticed that I ran into Ruby. She looked at me in surprise until she smiled.

Ruby: "Heading to the punch bowl to hide too?" she asked.

Me: "Yup... but maybe I should make you dance with me since we're already here." I told her.

Ruby: "What?! I don't know how to dance and these heels are stupid." she complained as I took her hand.

Me: "Too bad. I already danced twice, so you have to dance at least once." I told her as I dragged her to where everyone was dancing.

As we got to the dance floor, I began to dance with one another. But there was a problem. Ruby kept stepping on my feet.

Ruby: "I'm sorry... I suck at dancing." she said sadly to me.

I chuckled and rubbed her head. That was until I felt a sharp pain in my head and I began to hold my head with the hand I was using to rub Ruby's head. Everything became static.

(Fragment Memory)

?????: "I'm sorry daddy... I suck at dancing." I heard my youngest little angels say to me.

I looked down to see my daughter, who had long green hair that was tied into a ponytail and with a flower crown on her head. She was wearing a green dress. Her eyes were green and her skin was peach. My youngest child, she was the innocent and energetic one. I let out a chuckle as I rubbed the head of my daughter who was sixteen now. Thinking about her age immediately made me felt depress by the fact that I feel old now.

Me: "Don't worry. You'll get better sooner or later." I told her honestly.

?????: "Yeah! Listen to pops, Spring. Take his wise old man wisdom to heart." I heard my third oldest child say to me.

Me: "I'm not that old..." I said sadly as I crouch down to the ground and began tracing circles on the ground.

Spring: "Summer! Look at what you did. You made daddy sad." she said to Summer.

Summer was my third oldest child. She had long, straight maroon hair that slowly become a lighter as the hair reached halfway down her back. She wore a reddish brown overalls with a no sleeve white blouse. She was the easy-going and jokester one in the family.