Chapter 17: A Dance of Love

Start bij het begin

Maka: "...Uh...(Y/n)? It seems that something's been eating at you lately." she said to me.

Me: "What makes you say that?" I asked confused, Maka seemed annoyed and cleared her throat.

Maka: "You can talk to me about these things you know." she told me.

Me: "Oh... ok, sure, but nothings wrongs." I told her as I continued staring at the stars.

There was a moment of silence between us and I thought she would go back inside to hang out with everyone, but she stayed here.

Maka: "So... that's how it is. You think I'm a unreliable partner." she said to me.

I felt a sharp pain on my core as I looked at it. It became slightly more black. What Maka said sounded very famililar but I couldn't remember from where I heard it through. I looked over to Maka who had a disappointed look on her face.

Me: "No, you're not a unreliable partner Maka. Sure you have your faults like hitting me on the head with a book or Pon Pon Dance." I teased as I laughed a bit.

Maka seemed embarrassed by this and began a wailing her fists on my head causing me to crouch down and try to block her hits.

Maka: "Whatever! Like you have any room to talk! You're not so great!" she countered to me.

Me: "Hahaha your right." I agreed with her.

She stopped wailing on me before looking back inside the dance. She seemed to have a epiphany or something because a smile formed on her face.

Maka: "Yeah! Let's dance!" she told me as she leaned in close to my face.

Me: "Huh? Forget about it, I don't wanna right now." I told her.

Maka: "Oh come on, you know your a good dancer, (Y/n). I'll let you lead like you did with Weiss. Besides dancing is a good way to spend time syncing with your partner so quit arguing." she said as she took my arm and pulled me up.

She began to drag me back inside and led me to the dance floor right as a slow dance had begun to play. She wrapped her arms around my neck tightly, signalling to me that I no longer have a choice in the matter. I sighed and placed my arms around her waist and pulled us closer to each other.

Me: "You knew that this song was coming up didn't you?" I asked raising a eyebrow.

Maka: "Well I did help Weiss and Yang with the dance for a bit and got to see what songs they had." she reasoned.

Me: "Clever girl." I said causing us both to laugh.

We continued to dance to the song as we talked.

Maka: "Are you sure everything is alright?" she asked again.

I looked up to her and sighed before shaking my head.

Me: "No... I doubt everything is fine. It's just that I'm nervous about two things." I said honestly.

Maka: "Really? What is it?" she asked curiously.

Me: "First, Cara and I have been thinking about what has been happening to me lately with me coughing up the weird black stuff. We're guessing that we're sick and our other guess isn't something we want." I told Maka honestly.

She seemed to understand what I meant by the last part when her arms tighten a little more.

Me: "And the other thing involves Weiss and what she told me." I told her.

Maka: "Oh, the polygamy thing?" she asked.

Me: "Kinda, yeah. She said that she offered you to join." I said to her.