One

Chapter 1

"You know, Y/N, I really don't understand why you love dolls so much. They scare me a lot, especially that one." My cousin-slash-best friend said as he watched me dust my collections of dolls, specifically my favorite one.

"You know, Jay, I don't understand you either. They aren't even that scary."

"Psh. After you take care of your pieces of shit go down and help your mom out, grandma is coming." and he left me alone.

"I really don't understand why they don't like you. " I talked to the set of dolls as if they are humans who can communicate with me.

There are seven of them. I have more but I like these ones for an unknown reason. I bought them from different vintage shops, but they all have one thing in common, they are all years old. I really love the comfort they give me. They make me feel at ease and safe.That is why I have them placed inside my room even if I have a separate storage for my dolls.

"Y/N!" I heard my cousin's annoying voice. I stood up and walked towards my door.

"Only you can see the good in us."

We all sat together at the dining table, mine and my cousin's family and of course my grandmother.

"So Y/N, how is life?"

Before I can answer, my mom butted in.

"Life is fine, mom. Y/N is on top of her class and she is enjoying her teenage life."

"You haven't experienced anything strange at all?"

"Strange?" I asked. There is something different with the way she looks at me. It's as if her eyes want to speak but they can't and her mouth doesn't want to do the job.

She smiled. "Don't mind me. I'm glad to hear that you're doing good in school. Keep it up, honey. Now, excuse me. I need to use the washroom." With the help of my mom, grandma left.

Author's POV

Y/N's mom led Leah, her grandma, to the second floor bathroom, the one inside Y/N's room, since the one downstairs is under maintenance.

As they entered, Leah saw some things she never wanted to see again.

"Wh-who owns those?" She nervously asked Y/N's mother, pointing to the dolls on Y/N's bed.

"Oh those? They belong to Y/N. That girl loves dolls a lot. She has more in the other room but she likes those more for some reason." Her mother chuckled.

Leah tried to brush the memories off and set foot into the washroom.

Until then, as she was washing her hands, voices rang in her head.

"The debt, Leah. The debt." Different voices repeated.

She clutched unto her ears with hope that the voices would vanish, but they didn't. In fact, it intensified.

"No! I take it back! Please! I was wrong! not my--- Mama! What happened?" The voices vanished as her daughter in law opened the comfort room's door. She immediately went out. She was about to leave the house when she noticed her one and only granddaughter, standing there together with her cousins and her cousin's family, all confused. .

She ran to Y/N and held her as tight as she could.

"I'm so sorry, my dear Y/N. Grandma is sorry." She softly said as she stroked her granddaughter's hair.

"A-about what, grandma?" Confused Y/N asked, hoping for an answer.

"For everything. Take good care of yourself, my dear. The d-dolls" her grandma passed out.