Chapter Three

Chapter 3

The sun was shining through the windows and it agitated the lids of my eyes. Rolling over, the pillow under my head fell and I ended up banging my head into the side of the hardest material I have ever felt.

“Ow . . .”

I sat up rubbing my eyes removing all of the crust and eye discharge. My throat felt dried and I needed something to cleanse it. I opened my eyes to find myself in the middle of the bathroom inside of a round hot tub. I took my time standing up and getting out of it gripping the edge so I wouldn’t lose balance. The bathroom was empty but the size made me feel awkward. With a stand up shower to my right, a bathtub to my left, a toilet on either side as well as a two countered sink, the big hot tub was right in the middle of it all.

I walked towards the sink opening my essentials kit and pulling out my toothbrush and the toothpaste. After brushing my teeth, washing my face, and taking a well needed shower, I unlocked the door and walked out into the room keeping the towel wrapped around my body. To my surprise, Carden wasn’t in the room so I took that to my advantage. I walked over to the suitcase I’d brought along with me and pulled out my dry cleaned and pressed bridesmaid dress. My mother had made all her bridesmaids wear a knee long pastel green dress. The only difference was that the dresses all had a different strap to it. Mine was a strapless. My aunt was going to wear an off the shoulder one sleeve dress and my mom’s best friend Abby decided to wear a spaghetti strapped one with a waist belt.

I took off the cover and placed the dress on the bed. The shoes, a pair of all black pumps, were on the side of the suitcase. By the time Carden walked into the room, I was fully dressed and prepared to leave. I’ve done my dark brown hair into a simple side teased ponytail letting my curls and waves show. I made a small French braid going from left side of my forehead all the way over to the right and into the hair tie braiding up my band as well. I

I’ve done a simple smokey eye look and red lip stain to make my lips look plush. I turned to face him. His attire consisted of a simple tux similar to the one he wore last light. He gelled up his hair so it had a spikey touch to it. His stare made me feel uncomfortable. It was like his eyes were burning holes onto my body. A look of hunger floated in his eyes and I had to clear my throat to snap him out of it.

“How do I look?” I asked him putting some strands of loose hair behind my ear.

He smirked and leaned against the frame of the door crossing both his legs and arms. “You look . . . beautiful.”

His eyes roamed up and down my body and he watched me carefully as I grabbed my clutch from off the counter and walked his way. He held out his hand, a gentleman’s move, and smiled. I slowed down once I reached his side and looked down at his awaiting hand. He dropped his hand after a while and looked at me.

“You’re still mad,” he assumed.

“Yeah, pretty much,” I assured him.

He looked dashing. I figured it was one of those vampire types of things when all the vampires lose any type of flaw they may have. For 124 years of life, he’s managed to keep off any harm and damaged to his face. The natural look of an elderly was invisible as well; no wrinkles or crow’s feet. It looked scary but he looked young.

He blocked the doorway so I couldn’t bypass him and held out both his arms keeping then locked on both sides of the door frame. His head was tilted in a slant in a taunting matter.

“Why?”

“Why what?” I asked sighing when he shrugged his shoulders.

Between his infamous smirking and that annoying shrug, I don’t know which was worse.