Chapter Five - A goner.

Jay's Pov

"Three..." I whispered kicking in the the door. Immediately all the attention of Lloyd's "allies" went to us. Garmadon, Harumi, Ultra Violet, Mr. E, and Lloyd himself. "You dare show your face again?! So brave of you" Lloyd said, his voice laced with disgust. I shuddered 'There really is no turning back now, I'm anything but brave' I thought trying to hide my fear. "Mr. E, you take the one in white, Ultra Violet, The red one, Harumi, take the girl, Father I leave you the one clothed in black." Lloyd said his eyes landing on me "And leave the blue one for me" He said narrowing his eyes in my direction. 'I was never a match for Lloyd before, he was evil. And now?! Now I was a goner' I thought glancing at my teammates who had rushed right into fighting their opponent. 'Of course I'm the only one scared! None of these people are easier to fight than the next, but mine? Mine was my own friend, you could dare say student if you wanted to be technical.' I thought sadly, as I slowly approached Lloyd who stood there wearing a smug look. I slowly began to gather electricity from the lights near me, while doing this the lights flickered making the aesthetic even more scary. 'Why does my power have to be electricity!' I thought angrily. As I got closer to Lloyd he still hadn't move, which scared me more than anything. "Just fight me! Don't just stand there!" I yelled my voice shaking. Lloyd cocked his head "You wish for me to fight? You asked for it" he said smirking raising his fist which was engulfed in purple flames. "H-How?!" I asked horrified, 'he was the green ninja not the purple ninja!' I thought confused as ever. "I told you, joining my father only made me stronger." Lloyd said throwing the fire towards me, I quickly dodged it and tried an attack of my own. "My father unlocked new abilities for me." Lloyd said striking my left leg, I gasped hitting him in the arm in return. 'He... really doesn't have any mercy' I thought nervously. 'If he doesn't have feelings wouldn't that mean he would have no problem ending me?' I realized stopping dead in my tracks, this of course gave Lloyd the opening to hit me with another burst of his purple power. I hissed at the connection and went back to defending myself. 'This one hurts worse than the last hit' I thought gritting my teeth. "Why?" I asked as Lloyd started to bring an attack down, I quickly blocked it with both of my arms. "Why are you doing this?" I asked my voice shaking as I tried to hold him back. He smirked pushing his power harder. "I don't have to tell you my reason" He said throwing me to the ground. I quickly tried to stand up and defend myself, but before I realized it he was pointing a dagger at my neck. "Hey! Hey! Hey, Let's talk about this! You like talking!" I said putting my hands out pushing away the dagger ignoring the searing pain in my hand from grabbing a blade. "Not anymore" Lloyd whispered darkly stabbing the dagger right where my head would have been if I hadn't rolled out of the way. I found the strength to stand up "Please Lloyd, talk to me." I said putting my hand out to him. He looked away, 'which was a start seeing as seconds prior he was trying to stab my head.' I thought happily. "You're better than this, Look how far you've come since the serpentine days!" I said walking towards him. "No!" He exclaimed tossing a purple energy ball towards me. I quickly dodged it and continued walking towards him as he walked backwards. "You've already come so far" I repeated coaxing him to come back. "NO! Don't start about "where I've come from" if you could even begin to comprehend where I've come from you would be terrified of me! You won't dare walk the path I have" Lloyd said his eyes glowing a dark purple. "Lloyd, I-I know..." I replied scared, I had never seen him this angry. "No you don't, And don't even act like you understand! None of you know- know what's it's like when everyone is counting on you to be something, something that you're not." He said softly letting his true self show for a minute. "Lloyd.." I started but was quickly interrupted by him. "I'm just doing what's best for all of Ninjago! And at this point ridding the world of you is the best I can do!" He exclaimed throwing a purple blast at me once more. 

This time however I was not able to dodge it and braced for the impact on my abdomen. The pain seared through my body as I was flung to the wall. 'I-I should have let someone else do the talking, for once' I thought as my vision started to become hazy. Lloyd slowly walked towards me "I'm sick of being used, Jay." Lloyd said softly leaning down to my level. I glanced at my friends who were surprisingly holding their own. 'It's not surprising, They're stronger than I am' I thought sadly. I winced as Lloyd sat in front of me. "Call for help and I'll end them as well, in a more agonizing way" Lloyd said glaring daggers at me. 'If I call for help... I could be saved... But if I do then we lose and we all die...' I thought weighing my options. It was quite clear I couldn't ask for help. "I-I finally see who you really are... Or should I say what you are" I said quietly. Lloyd was quite intrigued by this, "What do you mean?" He asked curiously. "You-" I said as I felt really tired all of a sudden. "You're... a ..." I said before taking one last breath and saying my last word. "Monster"

It had been a few weeks since Jay had said that to Lloyd, it was all he could think about. He mentioned it to Harumi and they ended up taking a "break" from their relationship. There was only one thing left on Lloyd's mind as he sat on his dark throne. 'Where did I go wrong?' He wondered, he often asked himself that. He was given such great power and friendship as the Green Ninja, and he traded it for more power and what? Emptiness? There was one thing he had learned.

"Power can be given, Lives can be taken, Hearts can be broken, Power can always be taken, and in the end I'm always forgotten."

AN: And that's the end! Thank you guys so much for reading this! Believe it or not this book took only TWO days to write! Some of our books took close to a year to write! The support you guys have given us is amazing! Thank you so much! - Elizabeth and Elise