(chapter 7) lost

Again I felt the way I did before, alone, in an empty world. When I got home I stripped off my clothes and put on a pair of baggy navy green sweat pants and a black tank top, I put on my knife belt, I only had two throwing knifes left. Fuck I need to go on a supply run, i grabbed my large camping bag and emptied it out so I'd have room for items I'd find.

I pulled up a map, a small mall about a mile from here, it was called lemonbright mall, "fuck it" I said as I pulled my bag over my shoulder and headed out with my last bottle of water.

On the way there I saw a small corner store with about two zombies inside, I cleared it out n luckly found some water behind the counter desk along with a bag of chips.

I put the water in my bag and continued walking as fast as i could with my fucked up leg towards that mall while eating the bag of barbaque chips that I found there.

I couldnt stop thinking about daryl, I can understand now that the reason he was being a huge dick is just because the dude is stressed, he is missing the only member of the group that he thinks is still alive, I shouldn't have fliped out on him that much. I know what it feels like to lose a whole group , a whole family. Loneliness just didn't seem to bother him though, maybe he just got layers, I can respect that. I just feel lost being alone again .

Daryl's POV
I grabbed a metal pole off the ground to use as a weapon.
why do I always gotta flip my shit like that?, what the hell am i thinking I don't know that girl, why should I care, she ain't no family to me, she don't care bout me,yea she let me stay at her house, whatever. Girl was probably just trying to get laid, damn legs, why would you wanna mess wit a fella like me anyway? She looked so young and a beauty but fuck I don't wanna be around a girl whos tryna get fucked, yeah i might think bout doing shit like that with her, but i can't that's not me.

I was close, I saw the top of the building not to far ahead from me. She's gonna be there, she gotta be there.

When I got to the entrance of the crummy brick flower shop, I lost hope the door looked dusted and untuched. I kicked it open, no one like I thought, fuck this, guess the group is dead, we all die. I glanced a head thinking how my dumbass doesnt know what to do now I walked on the cemented sidewalk for about about half an hour going north from the flower shop, i tried to push my feelings away, can't let people bug me. Ahead i saw a large yet flat builting, i squinted my eyes to get a better look, I saw a dusted sign that read 'lemonbright mall'. Why not.