"WE'VE DONE THIS drill thousands of times while in California, Celeste!" Michael barked, his anger like electricity as it sparked and sizzled in his blue eyes. "Again!" His voice boomed, echoing through the trees around us. He stood a couple hundred meters away, arms crossed and brow furrowed-- with probable disappointment.

Training wasn't going well, but I had so many reasons as to my obvious distractions. Michael, of course, wasn't having any of it.

"Asshole," I growled. Sweat sliding down my forehead, slithering its way past my temple and dripping off my clenched jaw. A bead of sweat trickled down my neck and in between my breasts. My sports bra was soaked, my heart rate soaring.

"Heard that," Michael muttered, pinching the bridge of his nose.

My nails began to dig into my palms, piercing the skin and drawing drops of blood as my nose flared in frustration. Heat pricked at my skin with pins and needles as I tensed, and relaxed, attempting to focus my energy on my surroundings.

I closed my eyes, taking a deep shuddering breath as images from my dream made itself known, flashing behind my closed eyelids. The sun beat down through the trees, a minimal breeze kissing my steaming hot and damp skin. I was fully healed from that flare, or whatever it was, but fuck me if I wasn't too fond of the heat.

Traumatizing ass night.

Releasing my hands, I relaxed my body and opened my eyes, my fingers twirling as I began to draw energy from my surroundings and self. Power from my energy, and strength from my power.

My chest expanded, soaking in the natural and unnatural energy into my body. I began manipulating it into the light and dark power that resided within my soul, feeding it until my skin prickled with pure, unmatched energized power.

My eyes snapped open, illuminating a bright amber gold, while they sizzled and stared down the Archangel a full football field length in front of me. The irises glowed unnaturally as the energy and power within me grew, fueling me to take on whatever that stood in my way. Four years ago, the power had scared me, but the more I trained and learned to control my power, the stronger and more confident I grew.

It made me feel unstoppable.

Gritting my teeth, I balled my hands into fists, letting my energy trickle its way through and around my body like an impenetrable electric forcefield. It glowed a light blue and dark purple hue, its colors hybrid to their purebred parts. Warmth and light, mixed with its counterparts the cold and dark. I let it flow through me; it acted as a second skin, coating my body in all that I was.

A hybrid.

Half purebred Celestial, and half purebred Demon; I was the only one of my kind, and the definition of a freak show.

Thanks, dear old Dad.

Pushing up to my toes, I let my body lean forward naturally, then put one foot in front of the other, taking off at inhumane speeds. I was sure I could rival a cheetah, that the animal could never stand a chance. Michael always told me to humble myself with my gifts.

Last month my powers weren't a gift, they were a curse and I wanted nothing to do with them. Then, instead of helping, I had to run. Run away from the problem, the hurt I had caused. That's all I ever did: Run.

I'm so fucking tired of running-- I wanted to fight.

My limbs began to quake minimally with adrenaline as the power soaked through me. It brought my energy, strength, speed and power to all new elevations. Elevations I was sure were high enough to challenge an Archangel.