Chapter 31

Me: Surprise!!!

Alfie: OMG! Guys!

Amy: Happy birthday Alfie.

Alfie and I came up to Brighton to spend his birthday with family. Yesterday was his actual birthday and we went out for dinner together and I gave him all his birthday presents. It was a lovely day. Just before bed Alfie told me that he hadn't heard from any of the gang and that he was really upset that they had forgotten his birthday. Little did he know that he was meeting them today.

We stood on the pier as a group all chatting, everyone hugging Alfie and wishing him happy birthday. The smile on his face couldn't be bigger. The whole gang was here including Alfie's friends from Brighton, Chai and Callum. I hadn't met them before so I decided to go over and introduce myself whilst everyone was occupied.

Me: Hey guys, I'm Hanna. I'm Alfie's friend.

Chai: Hey. I know you. Nice to finally meet you Hanna.

Callum: You are Alf's friend huh?

Me: Yeah. We live together with Caspar.

Chai: We just heard that you were more than friends that's all.

Me: Who told you?

Callum: Alfie did. He is in love with you Hanna. He can't stop talking about you.

Chai: He wasn't even like this when he was dating Zoe. And before your break up, he... Oh...

Me: No, seriously it is fine. Alfie and I are over that now. Carry on.

Callum: You sure?

Me: Yeah go on.

Chai: Well, when he was dating you before he wasn't in love this much.

Callum: He has fallen for you hard Hanna. Look after him.

I look over and see Alfie. He is smiling from ear to ear. He spots me and comes running over. Alfie picks me up from behind, kissing my neck.

Alfie: I love you so much!

Me: I know you do Alfie.

He places me down on the ground and goes and hugs the boys.

Alfie: Chai, Callum, I hope you have been treating Hanna well and not telling her horrible things!

Me: They have been lovely Alfie.

Chai: I was just about to tell her about the incident with the sofa when we were younger.

Alfie: No you didn't! Chai! No! That is so embarrassing!

Me: OMG! Tell me. How come I didn't know about this?

Callum: Well what happened was...

Alfie: You are not telling her!

Me: Fine, I'll just find out later then.

We all walk to the end of the pier where the Brighton wheel is. I had booked us all a capsule. One by one we get in. Everyone taking places around the edge looking at the sights.

I step back and see everyone having a great time. Alfie hanging with Marcus and his friend Naomi that he had bought along.

Amy: Han! How are you?

Me: Amy, Soph! I've missed you so much.

Sophie: You saw us the other night you doofus.

Me: Talking about the other night...

Sophie: Yes, I went back to Dan's house. Yes, we slept together. Yes, we are still texting. Yes, I like him a lot. And yes, I am seeing him in a couple of days' time and staying at his flat. Does that answer your questions?

Me: Not really. I was wondering whether you tried the sausage rolls as apparently they tasted dodgy.

Amy starts laughing realising that I was joking and was very happy that I got that information out of Sophie without asking.

Sophie: Are you serious?

Amy: No of course she isn't! Anyway, you and Alfie?

Me: Good I guess.

Sophie: You guess?

Me: Chai and Callum were telling me about how in love he is with me and basically that he hasn't loved someone as much before.

Amy: But that is good!

Sophie: Yeah! You love him as well!

Me: I know but I loved him last time and look what I did. I broke his heart. I don't want to do it again.

Amy: You won't do it again. Trust me babe.

Sophie: You learnt your lesson last time and I can see that this time it is different. You two are so in love, it is almost scary.

Finn sneaks up behind us, wrapping his arms around Amy's waist from behind and rests his head on her shoulder.

Finn: You ok girls?

Me: Perfect thanks babe. You?

Finn: I am good. I just want my girlfriend back.

Sophie: Go on then Finn.

Finn: Haha yay!

He drags Amy away by her hips into a corner where they proceed to make out.

Jack: Oh my god! Oh my god! That is disgusting! Get a room!

The day continues, everyone having a wonderful time. Marcus and Zoe are daily vlogging so a camera is constantly out. Every now and again, we stop and pose for an Instagram photo. Alfie keeps pulling me aside for selfies, determined to get lots of pictures to remember the day. Lastly, we all settle down in the warmth of Alfie's living room with Nandos, music playing in the background. People having their own conversations, entertaining themselves.

Alfie: Thanks for such a wonderful day today monkey. I couldn't have asked for a better birthday present.

Me: I'm happy. It was hard keeping it from you.

Zoe: Hanna, thank you so much for today but we better be going.

Dan: Yes, so must we.

Everyone starts getting their stuff ready apart from Jack, Amy and Finn who are staying the night here as their car has broken down. Alfie and I stand at the door waving everyone else off.

Alfie: Thank you so much for coming everyone!

Alfie looks at me, eyes connecting. Alfie leans in going to kiss me but I pull away just before he touches me lips. Teasing him.

Me: So what film should we watch?

Alfie: Oh Hanna Lilwall, you are so annoying!