//Chapter 27//

I stared at the written plan in front of me

I was thankful that it hadn't come with a drawn illustration because if Daniel's drawing abilities were anything like his best friend's nobody apart from him would be able to decipher what it meant.

On the front of the piece of paper there was a timetable that featured the number of glasses that must be consumed with the time written right next to it along with what type of beverage should be in the glass. On the other side of the paper were different mathematical sums and even an equation.

“I don't understand why you had the need to do this schedule,” I turned to Daniel who was looking at it proudly.

“You know, my dear Harry, that tonight is New Year's meaning that we are going out to that bar Amaryllis loves so much which consequently leads us to having to buy drinks. However, I have already spent most of my money – “

“You shouldn't have bought that star light sprinkler for yards,” I pointed out.

“– And with the price of alcohol where we are going I have calculated the amount of alcohol I have to consume before we leave every hour in order to be buzzed when we arrive and have fun,” he explained to me.

“You know that it's still seven o'clock right?” I asked.

“I call this backstage,” Daniel waved me off sipping his drink.

I now understood why Amaryllis had dropped him off at my house with the excuse of wanting to get ready alone. It wasn't like we had much preparation to do although Daniel would end up being very difficult to handle.  It almost felt like babysitting. I rolled my eyes and continued typing on my computer trying to do as much last minute work as I could. I was only thankful that he did not bring his cat with him or else that would have caused an even larger disruption in the house.

As I went into the shower I swear I left Daniel talking to a whiskey bottle and actually complimenting it and laughing at its jokes. When I opened the door to exit the bathroom, I found him sitting on the floor right in front of me waiting for his own turn with a small suitcase next to him.

“You do realise that you are not moving in with me?” I asked him.

“That's just my hair products. Having ringlets is no game, I have to take care of my babes,” he answered and closed the door while dragging the case behind him.

“No drinking in the bathroom!” I shouted after he closed the door.

“Can't promise anything,” Daniel shouted back.

After a few more drinks, a head full of perfect curls and a change of clothes later we were finally ready to leave the house. The bar Amaryllis had chosen to celebrate New Year's was packed with all the people who also loved its atmosphere. The projectors were lighting the place giving it a gloomy but festive feeling while loud music accompanied the bodies dancing near each other.