//Chapter 20//

I tried once again to throw the darts at the small area on the opposite wall, aiming for the triple score of twenty, but it kept landing on the double score of three

“I'm pretty sure the reasons my mothers hid the dart board wasn't because I could potentially stab myself with the darts, but because they knew I sucked so bad,” I sighed and Amaryllis laughed at me.

She took her own dart, throwing it without even looking and it landed on what I had previously been aiming at. I looked at her bewildered and walked over to the board taking it down and examining it.

“What are you doing?” Amaryllis asked as she tucked a loose piece of hair that had escaped her ponytail behind her ear.

“I'm checking to see if you have put some type of magnet that you turn on when you throw,” I answered truthfully.

“Have I hurt your man pride?” Amaryllis pouted playfully at me.

“No, of course not,” I replied but the tone of my voice did not convince her.

“Aw... Sweetie... Don't frown because a wittwe giwl beat you,” she taunted me and ruffled my hair but I swatted her hand away.

“Stop it,” I whined but Amaryllis continued teasing me.

“Don't worry babe, you actually took this defeat more gracefully than other men I know. I swear someone cried when he lost at a game of chess,” she comforted me rubbing my forehead to ease the lines that were there.

“Well good for you. I would pay to see the triumph on your face when you've fulfilled your purpose here on earth,” I said to Amaryllis sincerely.

I hugged her from behind and placed my head on her shoulder blade feeling her hum.

“And what is that?” she giggled turning her face.

“Making grown ass men cry and never forget you.”

Amaryllis looked at me with wide eyes before bursting out laughing in my arms. I enjoyed the way she looked so relaxed there, her hands holding my own, spreading fire all over my skin as she dropped her head back. The amount of affection we showed each other had multiplied since she'd agreed to be my girlfriend and I couldn't be happier about it.

For the last couple of days we had been spending time together in my house doing nothing in particular but drowning in each other's attention. Dances were shared on the kitchen floor with Alex Turner blasting from the speakers, feathery kisses were given at the crack of dawn as I tried to convince Amaryllis to wake up and rich breakfasts were prepared together when we finally decided to get out of the warm bed.

Every night before I fell asleep I felt her lips pucker and kiss the middle of my chest. Every morning just as I was opening my eyes, I peeked sleepily at the figure of the girl that had her black hair sprawled out on the pillow. I tried controlling my sleeping self because each day that passed we woke up in a different position. I always kicked in my sleep and it was always Amaryllis who ended up sleeping on the floor or curled up like a cat at the end of the bed or even sprawled out on the pillows horizontally – on top of my head. I had also come accustomed to the small cloud of jasmine perfume that always followed her. Even when she wasn't in my apartment the smell lingered in the air as well as on myself.