//Chapter 17//

I was rolling up the sleeves of the floral shirt I was wearing when I felt somebody staring at my face

I was rolling up the sleeves of the floral shirt I was wearing when I felt somebody staring at my face. I was sitting on the floor with a glass of lemonade next to me as I watched clothes being scattered everywhere. It was getting rather hot in the room so I undid the first three buttons of my dress shirt as a pair of Batman underpants landed next to my leg.

“That was by accident!” Daniel said and continued with his rampage.

I lifted my eyes to see that Amaryllis was already watching my moves and smirking secretly to herself. Her stare was fixed on the exposed skin of my chest as the tattoos there peeked through the shirt. Amaryllis was seated on the opposite side of the room as we were both witnessing Daniel creating complete chaos in his room while searching through his closet for something presentable to wear.

Both of them had been invited to attend a party being thrown by one of their ex-classmates and they wanted me to tag along. Daniel voiced his thoughts about how much he disliked that bloke and how they were big rivals back in the day but as soon as I suggested not going to his house he looked at me appalled and said that this was his chance to gossip about him and find out how he had been getting on with life.

Ever since, Daniel had been trying on outfit after outfit complaining about how he didn't have any clothes even though the small mountains on his bedroom floor would say differently.         
“Flowers look really good on you,” a voice said from next to me and I turned to smile at Amaryllis who was taking a sip of my drink.

“Do not make any clichéd comments about how my name is a flower,” she continued stopping me from opening my mouth and saying the first thing that had come to my mind.

“Thank you,” I said honesty. “And I wasn't really going to say anything like that, although –“ I smirked.

“You really look pretty good on me,” I tucked a piece of hair behind her ear as I watched her turn away from me shaking her head with a light smile.

All of a sudden a pair of Spiderman underwear landed in the small space between Amaryllis and I. 

“Now that was on purpose,” Daniel claimed this time with a not-so-pleased expression on his face.

“I should probably start getting ready,” Amaryllis got up and took her clothes to the next room to change.

By the time she exited the spare bedroom Daniel had gone through the other half of his wardrobe. 

“I'm blind,” he said in awe when he saw Amaryllis.

“Should I be flattered now or should I only go out if I have a paper bag on my head?” she answered and stared down at the dress she was wearing.

It was a long, red dress that hugged her slim body perfectly but also had a slit on the left side exposing the pale skin of her long leg which was also adorned in black high heels.