//Chapter 32//*

I was slowly drying my hair off in the bathroom, humming to myself after the relaxing shower I took to take the edge off the day

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

I was slowly drying my hair off in the bathroom, humming to myself after the relaxing shower I took to take the edge off the day.

“Harry someone keeps sending you texts and trying to call you,” Amaryllis shouted from the room next to.

“What do they say?” I asked.

Silence followed my question for a couple minutes and I wondered if she had even heard me. Before I had the chance to repeat what I said, I heard heavy footsteps like she was stomping and Amaryllis almost ripping the door out of its hinges. I jumped up and turned to look at her, only to see her practically seething, my phone in her hand and a furious expression on her face.

“Hello, love of my life?” I said unsure of what I have done.

“Who is Mar Baby on your phone?” Amaryllis asked in a eerily-calm tone, dropping every emotion off her face.

“Ehm... Who?” I replied confused.

“Who is she and why is she sending this kind of messages?” she questioned and slid my phone on the bathroom counter.

When I did not answer because I was in shock, she stormed off slamming the door on her way out. I stood there frozen and a bit scared but after a few minutes I managed to move and pick up my phone.

“I need you tonight.”

“Again.”

“And don't forget to bring those sexy and skilful fingers of yours tonight.”

“And mouth.”

I laughed a bit to myself when I saw the number that sent me those texts as well as some other texts that were arriving that moment, but quickly understood why Amaryllis reacted that way when she read them. For that reason I got quickly dressed and stepped out of the bathroom with cautious steps when I saw Amaryllis sitting on her bed with her arms folded in front of her. She refused to meet my eyes as her lips were pressed in a thin line. I found the whole situation a bit amusing but I doubted she would appreciate it if I laughed right now. I sat on my side of the bed and moved as close as I thought the safe distance from an angry girlfriend was. 

“For your information, Mar-Baby on my phone is Martin,” I started and although Amaryllis did not turn around to face me, I knew that I had her attention. “He is that friend of mine, who has that band. You have actually seen us perform together when we had first met.”

She mumbled something to herself.

“What was that darling?” I asked smugly.

“I'm sorry,” she said more clearly.

“Damn that must have hurt a lot to admit.”

Amaryllis turned to me and slapped my chest sulking.

“I actually feel a bit offended – that you really thought I would even consider cheating on you,” I said looking into her brown eyes.

She looked down sorrowfully, “But just by reading those texts...”