So much has gone on I'm just a week.

"Your mom is just upset about everythin'. She's strong and will get through this," Gigi reassured me.

"I just wish she didn't have to go through this at all. It's all Sawyer's fault," I replied with a small amount of bitterness laced in my words.

Gigi's face changed, and she gave me a scolding look.

"Not all things are what they seem, Rae. He's your brother, and you can't blame him for things you don't know the whole story to."

I couldn't believe my ears. She was taking his side for once. He's causing this family so much stress with how he has been acting, and my grandma takes his side on it.

"Are you defending him?" I couldn't hold back my irritation on the matter.

"I'm not defending him or his recent actions, but we don't know what happened to cause this," she stated logically.

She's right; we don't know, but I'm going to find out today.

I get up from the table and put my dish in the sink before heading out the door.

"Where in the world are goin'?"

"To find out what happened to Sawyer," I said in a determined tone.

My legs led me away from my house and towards a way that people never go—to the Dixons. I couldn't let my brother ruin his life more than he has. If it weren't for his change in appearance, him pushing us away, or him quitting the one thing he is truly passionate about, I wouldn't have batted an eye if he suddenly chose to be friends with Rhett. I probably would've been elated at the idea because kind of I felt bad for the guy and how everyone shunned him.

Talking to Rhett for the first time definitely showed me that he is not all innocent. The mischievous glint behind his eyes gave it away.

Thoughts about how Rhett told me, "Good luck with that" swirled through my mind, causing restlessness to grow in me as I continued to walk down the dirt road. He obviously underestimated me because I will not rest until my brother is safe, and I find out his secret.

As I walk down the road, I see a truck parked on the side of the road among the trees.

That's weird...

No one usually comes this way. The road is a dead end at the forest where Rhett's house is. Curiosity got the best of me and brought me closer to inspect the vehicle. Upon approaching it, I realize that it belongs to John Bedford. I recognize that red, beat-up truck anywhere. When I went up to the driver-side window, I wished that I decided to go to the creek instead of playing detective.

Wesley's dad had his hands all over Blake's mom, Polly, while their faces were smashed together in what looked like a very intimate moment.

A gasp left my lips as I backed away, hoping that they didn't see me, but I was wrong. Polly's eyes shifted up to me while a look of utter terror contoured her face. She let out a shrill and attempted to cover herself up. John was confused until he turned around and saw me standing there in shock.

The only thing left to do was run away. I had to tell Wesley what I saw. As I ran like life depended on it, it finally hit me. Wesley's dad was cheating on his mom with Blake's mom.

Oh my God, Wes!

I felt absolutely horrible for him. This would break him. Wesley looks up to his father so much.

All previous worries and thoughts about the past week disappeared the moment I laid my eyes on the inside of that truck. They were now replaced with ones about Wes and his mom, who is one of the sweetest ladies in our town.

I was also scared because they both saw me and know that I witnessed their act of adultery. Who knows what they are going to do. Blake's mom owns the town, and Blake definitely gets her personality from her. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Suddenly, I was afraid to say anything and contemplated on telling Wes. What if she tries to do something to me or my family as a threat or as punishment for telling their secret affair to anyone? They both have so much to lose if word gets out about this. Their reputation would be ruined, as well as their families. The church would probably even shun them. The gossip will never stop.

But, on the other hand, Wesley deserves to know and so does his mom.

Instead of heading to the creek like my heart wanted, my feet carried me back to my house, where hiding out in my room would have to suffice until I figured everything out. In the safety of my own room, I slid down the back of my door and placed my hands on my forehead. Then, I shut my eyes and prayed that the worst was over.