|5

Lola sat at the crime scene as Junior's ambulance rushed passed her.

An officer handed her a blanket and sat besides her. "Are you okay?" He asked.

She nodded her head.

"You don't need to talk right now, but when you're ready call us please" he said handing her a card with a number on it.

She didn't look up and let him walk away.

"Lola!" King yelled running up to her.

She looked up to him and tears started streaming down her cheeks.

"King?" She whispered.

She stood up as he pulled her close to him and lifted her off her feet.

"I thought you were- I thought" his voice broke slightly and he then let her stand herself. "Are you okay?" He said looking down at her.

She looked up at him and burst out crying again and looked back down.

"Hey. Don't cry" King said, he wiped away her tears and pushed away her curls from her face.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him again.

***

Lola ran out of Kings car and to the front desk in the hospital.

"Are you here for the victims from Milkshakes?" The female said behind the desk.

Lola nodded quickly.

"So tragic. Milkshakes is so fun and peaceful, I go there with my fiancé regularly" she sighed shaking her head "What name?" She asked.

"Umm Shamika" Lola said sniffling "she's my cousin and her mum's at rehab so she doesn't have any closer relatives."

"Oh I'm so sorry dear" the girl said typing away. The receptionist described where she was to Lola.

"You never told me Shamika got hurt" King said following Lola who was walking at a quick pace.

"I was told that she'll be okay and she was being eccentric" she said.

As they got closer to her room they heard a scream.

"Hey don't touch it. It hurts." Shamika yelled at her half-brother.

"Hey Shamika. Or shall I say Mika" Lola giggled slightly in attempt to  lift the mood.

"Where were yo- Wait are you crying?" Shamika asked.

Lola walked up to her and gave her a hug. "You scared me, I thought it was serious"

"It is. They shot my fucking toe" she laughed.

Her brother and king sniggered behind them as Lola burst out laughing.

"It ain't funny, I wasn't excepting people to pull up. I bought I had left the ghetto"

"You should have listened to us when we told you to go back inside" Lola said.

"I'm not gonna lie, you was being hella confusing" Shamika said crossing her arms. Lola sat at the foot of her bed and smiled sadly.

Shamika smiles at Lola. "I thought you would have gone after Junior and not visited me."

"I do care for you, you know that right?" Lola asked. "To some extent anyway."

Shamika rolled her eyes. "My dad said that I can stay with him for a while until I get better since you don't want me here" she said.

"No, you can stay with us it's b-"

"Thank the Lord, I ain't tryna stay in my dads apartment for shit" she sighed in relief.