"Fragile Sanity" || Chapter 19

Start from the beginning

Drink...

Drink...

Drink...

My shift has been over for a while now. And I was shocked, hell even horrified of how many of my students showed up with halloween costumes and celebrating this holiday like it was such a great thing, celebrating Michael Myers like a god among men. They were treating this night like the deaths that happened on this day meant nothing. The voices of my guilt that's getting louder and louder, the non-stop hate that tightens its grip around my conscious. My body tensed by the the thought, gripping onto my small glass with my body flinching. My mind was flooded with thoughts Michael Myers violating me as soon as I got out of the school, my body shivering and shaking, and the feeling of drowning entered into my throat. And that's how I got into the bar today, once again drowning away all of my troubles with every fucking sip I take. A tap of my shoulder interrupted my thoughts, Nancy and Carol grinned at me. They were wearing their casual attire and looked more normal.

"Well, well, well... If it is the famous (Y/n) Lloyd, What are you doing here?" Carol took a seat right next to me, Nancy doing the same. The apmasphere turning lighter with the presence of the woman next to me.

"I had to get 'hic' a drink after a long days work." Despite my drunken stupor, I grunted my reply lazily. Taking another sip of my drink. Nancy and Carol looked at each other with worried glances then back at me.

"Is it about John again?..." I stiffed slightly, almost dropping my glass from their question. Nancy's face wasn't the usual confidant glance she gave me. Her eyes were narrowed like she knew something was up.

"Actually no. I was just thirsty and it's been a 'hic' long day..." I honestly answered with my words rolling off my tounge, my mood brightening up a bit with a small smile. Knowing Carol she'll probably gush about some men she met at the bar. Our conversion went to boring to interesting pretty fast.

"Any thoughts about the Halloween party?" Nancy brought up eagerly, as Carol jumped brightly in her seat as she patiently waited for my reply. Johns delicate protective figure came into mind, his warm smile and his relaxed expression made me softly beam with my cheeks turning a faint pink.

"No actually. I was 'hic' thinking of spending the day with John and little Jamie. Try to get my mind off work for once, you know..." An honest grin was on my pale features, the warm fuzzy feeling returning once again. It was almost as powerful as when I first kissed John, like when I first met John, his tears running down his face with grin when he saw me walk down the aisle, and him boasting to the hospitals staff about Jamie when she was born. The fuming of my cheeks turning reddened at the those thoughts. Nostalgia rolling into my thoughts like a truck, but it was a warm welcome.

"Bummer. Alright, but you owe me pictures of Jamie alright?" Carol pouted with a silly attitude, I chuckled at that. She almost reminds of Annie a bit with her carefree silly personality she puts on. In fact this friendship that we were having reminds me of Annie and Laurie. Michaels white mask dropping from my head entirely, something that I have been wishing for 10 years now. The feeling of being violated by him rolled off my whole being. It was nice, it was peaceful like the smooth waves of the ocean. And for once it wasn't the alcohol that was making me feel like this. It was pure and genuine.

"(Y/n)!" A cruel voice went through my bleeding ears. That familiar voice made me tense. The venom in her voice sounding like nails on a chalkboard that me, Nancy, and Carol dread. It was my least favorite co-worker.

Debra.

Not her. God no, not today. I curled my fingers into fists so hard that it turned white. She has been a thorn of my side for years now. Criticizing the way I look, dress, talked. And what's worse is that she's the boss favorite employee, so I had to be nice to her whenever he's around. I won't be to surprised if she was having an affair with him. She hates me so much that even when I take a simple breath she would bite my tongue off with venom dripped in her voice. The need to wrap my fingers in her small neck grew larger and larger every time she popped up. The need to break her bones grew into my consciousness, its just as strong as the feeling of nothingness. The burning desire to see her screams of agony intensified.