"Fragile Sanity" || Chapter 19

"(Y/n) Pov"

I layed out our breakfast in the table, humming lazily to a small tune I heard on the radio this morning. I felt rather silent today and nothing seemed to come into my head to chat with the Lloyd siblings who seemed as lost as me. John read the newspaper like he does every-morning, making small talk to Susan every once in a while. But yet rubbing the dark circles under his eyes and groaning as he was turning the page on his newspaper. And Susan fiddled her fingers in fast motion, sweat going down her features and acting very jumpy. I am aware that every year shes on the lookout for Michael trying but failing every year with that. And I noticed this behavior for quite a while now. Jamie seemed more active, willing to behave as she sat in her highchair. But other then her soft cooing it was just empty silence that was filling the dining room area. The sound of us eating our food every once in a while.

Today was the day that none of us were looking forward to, halloween. Yet I told myself to wake up and move on for the day, nothing letting this holiday affect me and just keep moving. But yet my body felt heavy when I woke up, I was debating whether or not I should go to work and just take a day off. But I got up anyway, just letting myself fly by for the day. Susan glanced over at me while I sat down on the table. My emotionless face was the first thing she sees, but more so looking at my eyes. They look like a shell of my former self, so cracked and broken. Like I was a piece of glass that was breaking slowly. John seemed like a sluggish wreak, his hair has been messier and his mind seemed to wonder everywhere, dark circles appear under his eyes more so than before. While Susan seemed more active and alive then the two that were sitting before her, but yet her body felt like it was going to explode, her mind was scattered just like her thoughts. Eventually leaving for her job before we even noticed her hazing attitude.

John quickly finished his breakfast and grabbed his doctor's coat that matched very well with the dark purple and patterned sweater he was wearing, along with reading glasses that rested on his forehead. I stood up and walked next to him as he went out. He turned around and pecked my lip with a smile. "I'll be back home early alright?" He mentioned in the most casual way.

"You have a good day at work, try not to poison anyone today?" I lazily joked as I was ruffling his hair in a teasing manner. John scoffed with a soft chuckle that exited his soft lips.

"Oh i'll try not to. Maybe I should change my name to doctor death, that will probably hide that i'm a serial killer?..." John replied back with a jest but with bored attitude as he also shrugged his shoulders with a fake pout. But yet his eyes were withdrawn and his eye sockets looking darker than before, I noticed with a frown but didn't do anything.

"Ok doctor death you be good now and stay safe, i'll be watching you." Waving bye at him, poking my tongue out playfully. John scoffed with a go-lucky attitude as he shut the door of his car and drove off to work. As soon as I watch him leave, I quietly pick up Jamie and do my usual routine of dropping her off to daycare, then heading to work.

Kill...

Kill...

Kill...

The harsh whispers in my head rang through my mind in a constant bases. Sitting in the bar quietly, I sip the shot of beer. People were chuckling and chatting all around there, most of them drinking with roaring laughter acting like immature children and making a embarrassing scene. Some of them are passed out on the side of the bar, or some of them were sober and trying to help their drunken friends to the car. I was a regular here, so this kind of behavior didn't surprise me in the slightest. I even befriended the bartender named Frank. When I would fight with John I would come here sometimes until closing, and just chat until I was wasted and tired, staggering to my house then to bed and waking up and starting all over again. My vision was getting hazy and my words were getting lost in track and slurred, peoples chatter getting distant. But even after that I asked for another refill of alcohol which my bartender friend happily poured some for me though with some reluctance when he noticed my messy hair and pale features that wore into my face. We both chatted for a bit talking about different types of subjects that would come into my fuzzy mind as I take every shot.