"Incertitude" || Chapter 16

5 Months Later || March

1981

"(Y/n)'s Pov"

I huffed out a brief sigh as I held the sides of the sink in front of me and looked in the mirror of the almost empty yet dull bathroom. Boxes littered the room and in other rooms as well, making the house feel bear and empty. I finished packing just a minute ago and about to get ready to go to our new house all the way in california. Looking down at the medication in my slightly pale hand, I took out a pill and about to swallow it like I usually do every morning. Briefly pausing and staring down at the pill bottle and quietly took out another one out of the now empty bottle, swallowing both the pills quickly. I need all the medication right now, more pills to swallow down my throat to get rid of the constant fear that lays in my stomach. I held up my shaking hands, knowing that the medication is kicking in at full speed.

It seemed like only yesterday Michael Myers attacked up again, leaving us the only opinion we have right now. I felt faint and tripped slightly, before catching myself with the sink. My body felt weak and my chest ached that never seemed to let go ever since that day. But it was a different kind of ache, it was less painful but at the same time unbearable. I gulped and sat down on the fluffy toilet seat. I recently learned that they couldn't find Michaels body anywhere and I know for a fact that he's going to return, knife and all. I'm now convinced that he's not dead, he is not dead... Screams echoed throughout my already hurting brain, Maddie's agonizing scream, John screech as he held on the sharp ledges, Susan wail when Michael attacked her in the truck, and my pleds to wake up an unconscious John. All of it repeating in my head like clockwork, constantly ringing like nails on a chalkboard. Everyday life for me constantly, repeating over and over until my body turns soft...

I blocked my thoughts out, begging to stop with the continual noise in my head. The echoing screams in my brain faded away slowly, a sign that the medication is doing its job very well. A soft laugh leaving my throat and a light teardrop fell down my face and down the wet sink, wiping my tears away and putting a good enough smile on my tired features when I heard John call my name. I skipped downstairs, my heart melting when I saw the angel of my boyfriend that I have been dating a month after Halloween. John was my rock, Susan was my rock, they were my rocks... John is having a hard time taping a box together, cursing when he managed to stick a lot tape into his hands. I walked over to him, giggling and scoffing when his hands got stuck with the type. He blushed scarlet red when he saw my giggles.

"Can you please help me (Y/n), and stopped laughing?..." John spoke with irritation and amusement, clearly embarrassed by the display I was making right now. I slowly stopped laughing like an idiot, going over to him and getting the tape out of his fingers. Putting the newer tape over the boxes, placing it with the others. John gave me a quick thank you and showed me a soft angelic beam.

I was grinning at his expression but my bright smile faltered slightly when I see the light scar over his cute nose. I put out my smaller fingers and gently petted the faint scars, caressing his cheek in the process. John gave me a confused puppy eyed look and raised his eyebrows, staring down to my hand, I was thinking he was about to cry but he quickly picked himself back up when he heard Susan call for us to walk out the door. She was carrying a box over by the other giant boxes right by the front door, stacked neatly against each other perfectly. I gulped when John gave me a evil grin and much to my horror he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder, laughing like a bad guy at my light squeak as we head over to the car. He put me down in the backseat, I hit his shoulder with a huff and puff.

"You Jerk..." I let out a genuine laugh, hitting his back again with a soft giggle. He joined me with a normal chuckle. Susan turned around and noticed my smiling face, She sighed with a smirk turning on the car and driving off to our next destination.