"White Christmas" || Chapter 10

(Listen to Music at very end to make the mood better.)  

2 Months Later || December

1978

"(Y/n) Pov"

'Its beginning to look a-lot like Christmas~' I barely hear the jolly voice of Bing Crosby play/echoing in the lobby of the mall, where there's a huge line where kids are begging their parents to sit on santa's lab and take pictures with him. A giant christmas tree in the center of the mall, Christmas decorations surrounding the lobby and throughout the giant area full of stores. I casually walked with John's sister and my best friend Susan on our way another store to buy more presents for Christmas Eve/Day.

It's been two months since my encounter with Michael Myers. I have been having nightmares and flashbacks with my traumatic experience, getting stressed over the horrible memories. Doctors announced to me that I have PTSD and prescribed me with medication to reduce the stress and anxiety. And things have been getting better thanks to the medication and help from people I know. But I still get nightmares from it sometimes.

Things aren't going so well with my parents however. Ever since I found out that they knew that Michael Myers was in love with me and was crazy and they didn't tell me about it. I started to avoid them and began to hang out with John and Susan going over to their house for most of the day, sometimes sleeping over at their house. My parents tried to say sorry and they even bought me a new car one time for forgiveness but I didn't take it, as I am still angry at them. But with John and Susan, they're great. They were the people that understood me the most and didn't keep secrets from me. There the two people I call my family. I still love my parents but for the time being i'm going to avoid them so I can cool off.

After a couple of months we finally gave Annie, Lynda and Bob a proper funeral. I attended the funeral along with my parents, John, and Susan. People started to fear me and slightly shun me because of Michael Myers did on Halloween night, and that wasn't good on my self esteem. I stayed away from people for a while after the funeral because of the guilt that I have inside of me. All of this was because of me, he killed them because of me. After a couple of weeks I finally got out of my hole thanks to John, Susan, and the PTSD Medication. I got out of the house more and things were looking up from there. But the guilt comes and goes in me, the grief punching me in the heart at times.

"Well shoot..." Susan huffed in annoyance seeing the packed store with dozens of people fighting over items that they want for the Big-Christmas-Sale. "We could go to another store for the time being." I reminded her, pointing over to the more empty part of the mall, smiling cheekily. "Alright you're the ring leader-take it away.~" She smirked softly following me to a store called 'Marianne' a clothing store that's in the edge of the mall and away from crazy crowd.

We made it inside the nice store where it's much calmer than the chaotic one we went to earlier.

"What about this one? Is this one's John size?" I gave the shirt to Susan who looked at the shirt thoroughly. "No he needs a size larger..." She returned the shirt to me then going back to the aisle full of perfume and makeup, I put it back where it came from sighing in amusement from Susan's response. We made it to the counter buying the items that we brought. I bought clothing and other items for John, Susan and my Parents for Christmas Eve. While Susan bought a couple of items for christmas and a whole bunch of makeup for herself. I gave her the WTF look for buying this much makeup. "What?~" She shrugged her shoulders in a amused way, I snorted a laugh amazed by how distracted she gets at stores-especially the mall. "Merry Christmas.~" The cashier lady sighed boredly, I could tell she hated the holiday shopping sale that's going around this year.