part i

"Why did you come back?"
"I didn't."

》 • • • •  》

Bianca has always tried to live independently, she didn't want rely on her parents that much, since she wanted to train herself to train to take care herself early on. And she didn't want to get disappointed. Financially, she asks from them but she did work to help out a bit with the expenses and all, which is why she got a summer job at Kinokuniya in The Dubai Mall. "Bianca, hey. You ready for tonight? My dad's really expecting you guys and all."

"Sure. I'll be there. I promise for the thirtieth time."

"You better. Formal clothes, a'ight?" She says as she fixes the books she has to organize. Isabelle is finally turning 18 this year and knowing Isabelle, this debut is going to be grand and over the top. "Think of it like.... prom." She winks at Bianca before returning the boxes and chairs into its assigned places.

Bianca rolls her eyes, "Yeah. Yeah. I'll spend my last penny on a ball gown that I'll only use for one night." But in truth, she wanted to dress up for this special occasion, just for Isabelle. This is a big day for her and it's the least she can do. Unlike Isabelle, Bianca normally goes with the flow. Carefree, you can even say.

Isabelle snickers, "See you tonight, loser." She makes a kissing sound and throws a kiss towards Bianca's direction. Bianca's eyes follows Isabelle's silhouette figure until she disappears out of her sight. Just as Isabelle disappears, she start to feel this strange feeling in her bones but she shrugs it off. She finishes her remaining 3 hours fixing books and assisting customers in Kinokuniya then heads off to, Michael, the person who's supposed to guide her/train her, also known as the only person she befriended the whole summer. It's an easy start considering they are forced to talk to each other.

"Here's the last of it, Bianca. See you next year." He then hands Bianca the last set of income she's earned from her part time. He pats her back as well.

》 • • • • 》

Bianca sits in front of her mirror; she struggles to turn her untamed and wavy mess to pin straight hair. "Gosh. Why is this such a struggle?" She breathes out, pulling some hair strands in the front of her face. She, then, takes out the pearl necklace that has been untouched for nearly 2 years. "Never really had a use for you up until now." Bianca takes the necklace, wrapping it gently around her neck.

She takes one look at herself again in the mirror before taking her clutch and bag, finally deciding to head off to the hotel. She meets her brother by the living room. His eyes go wide at the sight of her. "Not too bad, Guava. Now, take care of yourself and don't drink or do drugs or get it on with anyone." He air quotes his last rule, glaring at her jokingly. She simply rolls her eyes in response. Bianca wears her stilettos and open the door in front of her. "Wait. Actually.... Let me bring you to the hotel." Her brother calls out right before she leaves.

"Dear Lord, I don't want to die today." He mumbles a 'shut up' before standing up and taking the car keys.

The car ride was awfully loud and displeasing much to Bianca's taste. She just slept the whole ride, like always, and wakes up in her destination. "YO! Wake up!" Her brother screamed, waking her up instantly.

"Christ." She mutters under her breath and takes her clutch and bag with her.

The slightly light headed girl instantly spots Isabelle by the door, almost as if she has been waiting there the whole time. It wasn't hard to find her, seeing as Isabelle has brought quite the attention to her by waving vigorously like a mad man. She lets out a laugh and hurries to the lobby of the hotel. Remembering her brother, she looks back and smiles at him (also flipping him off), almost like a signal that he's good to go. And she sees his car running off. Bianca looks up and reads 'DoubleTree by Hilton' plastered in glowing lights. "Fancy."