Chapter 23

So it's been maybe, three centuries since i've uploaded!?!! I'm soooooo sorry for that! College was crazy busy, then my laptop broke, and summer's been busy too! Ugh, it's no excuse though so i'll be uploading way more and way more frequently before college starts up again! Here's the next part! Hope you like it!(:

RECAP:

1. Arianna's mad at her mate for trying to sacrifice her mother if they find Zane's kidnappers.

2. Arianna goes into her mom's room and finds the journal which tell her where the rogues/bad guys are hidden out.

3. She decides she needs to go find these guys herself to save Zane and possibly find her mother.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By no means was this gonna be easy, I thought, looking at the guards patrolling around the house. Along with protecting the house from intruders, the guards were also keeping people inside, including me. How was I ever going to get out?

I paced the room angrily, thinking of ways to escape without being detected.

“Wait,” I said to myself, “I’m the LUNA, I can say anything I want and the guards have to obey, right?” Smirking, I grabbed my backpack filled with a change of clothes and a survival kit. If I was going to find my mom, it would best to be prepared for anything.

I snuck down the stairs and to the door as quietly as possible. Stepping outside, I was immediately met with a pair of guards on either side of the door.

“Hi guys. I just wanted to tell you that Alpha Drew needs you to switch with the guards in the back immediately. He thinks there’s a better chance that if anyone comes to attack us, it’ll be from the forest in the backyard, since that’s where, you know, Zane disappeared. He wants his two best guards on duty back there.” I smiled at them, hoping they couldn’t detect my lie.

“Uh, are you sure Luna? Maybe I should confirm with Alpha Drew-“

“No!” I said a little too forcefully. I coughed nervously, “no, I mean, he’s very busy and really stressed right now with all this. He just told me to tell you guys to switch, no questions asked. You don’t want to upset Alpha Drew at a time like this, do you?” I prompted.

“N-no luna. Okay we’ll rotate positions, effective immediately.” He saluted me, to which I nodded and stepped back inside the door.

I watched them leave their positions by the door and walk around the house towards the backyard. When the coast seemed clear, I grabbed the backpack I’d hidden behind the plants and sprinted out the door.

When it seemed I was far enough from the house, I hid behind a tree in the forest and stripped. Transforming into my wolf, I hitched my backpack on, with much difficulty might I add, and sprinted in the direction of the woods my mom had written about.

It’d been so long since I’d transformed into my wolf. My paws padded against the forest floor, kicking back dirt with each leap. My fur could feel the wind pass through, and my body felt alive with adrenaline. This feeling was something I dearly missed ever since the whole incident and being unfortunately trapped in the house. I needed to get this all sorted out, for the sake of my Mom, Zane, and my sanity.