Chapter 19

Hey guys! I know its been so long since I've uploaded! I've been really trying to get stuff done, but school is really stressing me out right now, and I've had holiday plans and stuff getting in the way....Anyway, I decided to upload these next two chapters as a gift to all of you!(:

Enjoy, comment, vote, fan!(:

**************************************************************************************

Pushing my food around my plate, I thought silently at the past few events that had been happening. Zane was still missing, I rarely saw Drew anymore because of his constant work at protecting the pack, and I just felt like crap. All this was my fault, no matter what Drew said.

“Hey sweetheart,” Drew kissed my head from behind and slid into the seat next to me. I smiled at him, though it was pretty forced on my account.

Drew sighed, before he grabbed my hands and forced me to face him.

“Baby, I’m really sorry for all of this. I know I’ve been neglecting you, and I should’ve at least let you stay with me. I’m so sorry, I just—“

I just smiled at him and kissed his cheek.

“It’s not your fault Drew. You’re doing the best you can,”

“But it’s not enough Ari. That bastard is still out there with Zane and I can’t even track him! And you’re his next target. If I wasn’t so stupid in focusing on my work, I would’ve remembered to protect you!”

Closing his eyes, Drew rested his head on my neck and inhaled deeply. I could see him relax visibly, his eyes now a more liquid bluish grey than a smoldering dark grey. Cupping his face in my hands, I gave him a slow kiss, wrapping my arms around his neck as he deepened it.

“Ehem, Alpha?”

Pulling away, we saw one of Drew’s enforcers, Dean, looking away with a blush on his face.

Drew grunted annoyingly, and sat back in his seat.

“Yes Dean?”

“Some of our trackers found something and they want you to look at it,”

Smiling lightly, I pushed Drew up. Go I told him through our mindlink.

You sure?  He questioned back. I nodded my head.

I faced my breakfast again, but still void of any appetite, I picked it up and put my dishes away.

I walked up to mine and Drew’s room and shut the door. After everything that’s been happening, I was physically and emotionally drained. Deciding a nap would be good for me, I snuggled up into the sheets and closed my eyes.

Picking up a purple orchid, I smiled at it before skipping back to mommy.

“Mommy, mommy look at what I found!”

“It’s a beautiful flower Arianna, just like you,” she smiled at me and picked me up.

“Can I keep it mommy?”

“Of course you can sweetheart,”

Walking back towards our home, I smiled at the flower in my hand and looked back at mommy. She smiled down at me, kissing me on the cheek and tucking my hair behind my ear.

******

“Hey sweety, how you feeling?” Sitting on the edge of my bed, mommy brought in some soup and an extra blanket. I hated being sick, but mommy always took good care of me.