Promise ; Hanamaki X Reader

Start from the beginning

"So it's true?!" She ditches the whispering, screaming out in what you take to be horror.

"Well, I mean if you care to know so much, yes... wh-stop! Why are you so angry?! You don't like him too do you?!" You yell back, ignoring the stares of your classmates, as you push Himari's body away from you when she becomes too aggressive with her own clutch to the top of your uniform.

"Oh, I can assure you I don't like Hanamaki." Himari scoffs, dusting her uniform off dramatically, before calmly pulling a chair next to your desk and resting her chin in her palms.

"What's that supposed to mean?" You eye the girl cautiously, becoming more offended than you should be.

"It means... I wouldn't ever harbor a crush on a stand aside." Himari picks at her nails, becoming too cocky for your liking.

"A... stand aside?" You question, your eyebrows knitting together in confusion.

"You know, the person that follows majorly behind on the popular scale, compared to their friends." Himari continues, not giving you a second glance.

"What are you even saying? Is that even a thing?" You sigh in irritation, folding your arms across your desk.

"Of course it's a thing! And in case you haven't caught on, I'm talking about Hanamaki." Himari finally tears her attention away from her hands, and looks you in the eye with annoyance.

"Listen, Himari, I don't know if you're aware of this, but generally people don't really appreciate it when you talk shit on their romantic interest." You deride, becoming unbelievably done with your friends bullshit.

"You're right, sorry. I guess I just can't believe you're chasing after Hanamaki, and not Oikawa-san." Himari sighs, leaning foreword onto the desk to look closer into your eyes, before questioning you.

"So tell me... why?"

"Why what?" You twist your facial expression into one of confusion.

"Why do you like Hanamaki?" Himari narrows her eyes suspicously.

"Is that even a question?" You immediately scoff, sending your friend an "are you dumb" look.

"I don't understand!" She suddenly groans, clutching at her hair in frustration.

"Why are you so frustrated?! I like Hanamaki, and if you have a problem with that, then keep it to yourself please. I'm sorry to say this, but unless Hanamaki has done anything that you think concerns how I feel about him, you have absolutely no say in this situation." You ramble, becoming so irritated to the point of standing to your feet and leaving the classroom, backpack and bento present in your hand.

"Damn, Himari. Why can't she just leave me alone." You whisper to yourself, before finding your legs leading you towards a small bench outside of the school, so you can sit down and finish your lunch.

Soon after sitting down and popping off your bento lid, you spot your classmate, Iwaizumi, sprinting towards the direction of his group of friends, who are all gathered under a tree enjoying their lunches.

"Eh? He looks a little too eager about eating lunch today."

You simply stare, following Iwaizumi's running form, until he frantically takes a seat next to Hanamaki, before shrugging to yourself and returning your attention back to your mouth watering lunch.

Meanwhile, the group of three boys raise an eyebrow at the sight of their usually calm headed friend, running towards them full speed and stumbling onto his butt as he sits beside them.

"You'll never believe what I just heard." Iwaizumi starts, panting sightly and attempting to catch his breath, before continuing.

"Hanamaki, we've all come to the conclusion that you like (Y/N), no?"