CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

(Jase's Pov)

Effortlessly, my fingers strummed the guitar, creating a soft tune that I occasionally found myself playing. I hadn't written it out, but for some reason, it was just stuck in my head. It was a beautiful song that held no lyrics, but each strum emit words themselves.

How I had came about to play this gentle tune, I had no real idea. One day, it just suddenly came to me. That day Vanessa found me in the empty classroom I had taken advantage of, the piece had came naturally came to me. My fingers moved at their own record as I played. Whilst my mind was clouded with thoughts. A mix of thoughts that didn't really make sense to me at the time, but now, they slowly did.

The sound of the bathroom door abruptly turning open caught my attention. I slowly glanced up at delightfully took in the cock-hardening sight of Vanessa in just a white towel, her wet hair brushed backwards by her hands.

I loved the red trail of blush that coated onto her skin when her blue eyes noticed the hungry way I was watching her. She gently bit her plump, soft bottom lip, before her pink lips curved into a smile. Captivated, I silently watched as she approached her drawers, inevitably becoming closer in reach to me.

"Are you trying to tempt me?" I huskily let out, watching as she bent over and pulled out a flowery white dress, that I had truthfully missed seeing her wonderful body wear. Since winter had passed by and it was actually the first day of March, the weather had inevitably grown warmer. 

"I forgot to bring clothes in with me," She flushed, glancing at me briefly with her soft eyes. 

"Yeah? Well, you should forget to bring clothes with you more often," I licked my lips, unable to control my eyes that trailed the length of her stunning body. "I could get used to this."

Giggling, she rolled her eyes and dug out a pair of undergarments to dress into. I was no longer playing my guitar, because all my focus had switched to Vanessa. She had a way of doing that without realizing. Over the past few weeks, Vanessa and I had been spending a lot more time together. We had grown closer and I had learnt much more about her. She was actually incredible. I felt like going back in time to give my asshole self a good beating.

Judging her was one of my biggest regrets. Goddamn, I was such a hypocrite.

"What's wrong?" She questioned, noticing the frown that had curled onto my lips. Clearing my throat, I shook my head and let my eyes appreciate her body that was now closer to me. Not hesitating, I placed my guitar to aside and reached forwards, tugging her small body into my lap. Her hands instantly went to wrap around my neck, as if it were a reflex.

"You being so far away from me was what was wrong." I leaned forwards and covered her mouth with mine. She relaxed into my arms, her fingers trailing into my hair and gently tugging at the strands. My own hand trailed across the length of her bare legs, creeping closer to where I knew she was beginning to grow wet for me, whilst the other was pressed against her back, bringing her closer towards me.

"Wait," She suddenly pulled back, my brows furrowing in confusion. I watched as she picked herself up and cutely jogged over to her side of the room. She slowly got down onto her knees, a hand holding her towel whilst the other reached out under her bed and pulled something out. My heart clenched when I saw what it was.

A brand new, brown, glazed, shiny guitar with a small bow stuck on it. I watched as she sheepishly turned around to face me, walking towards me.

"I was going to wait until after to give you this," She stopped walking and stood in-front of me. "But I couldn't wait... Happy birthday, Jase."

My mouth went dry as I took in the sight before me. A soft smile was etched onto her lips as she gazed down at me with excitement and warmth. The guitar she had purchased as gift for me, was extended towards me. I slowly reached out and took it in disbelief, I wasn't sure who at more. Me for forgetting my birthday, or the fact Vanessa was aware of it and had gone out of her way to buy me a gift.