CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

(Vanessa's Pov) 

I abruptly shot out of bed, my eyes wide as I let a curse word flow from my lips. I was late - so very late. My eyes were locked on the clock hanging on the wall reading nine o'clock, indicating I was an entire thirty minutes late to my class.

Shit.

Groaning, I forced myself up from my bed, not even bothering with making it as I hurriedly walked over to the bathroom. The door was closed as always and when I reached out to twist it open, I found myself frowning when it didn't budge in the slightest.

I tried again, and again, but found it stuck. That's when my hearing zoned in and I heard the shower running. 

Without hesitating, I raised my hand up and banged on the door harshly. "Open up! I'm late and I have class to get to!"

The shower didn't turn off and I carried on knocking on the door, wishing the door would turn open already. But then abruptly I heard the water turn off and I sighed, taking a quick glance at the clock. My lecture would be ending in another half an hour, I could maybe just get their on time and skim read somebody's notes.

Hearing the door open, I stepped back and crossed my arms impatiently over my chest. My lips were pulled into a deep frown as I found myself staring back at Jase. A shirtless Jase with water droplets cascading down his inked, muscular chest and only a dark blue towel wrapped around his waist, covering himself from me.

The sight oddly seemed familiar. It was how I first met him. 

I slowly found my frown slipped away and instead, a powerful wave of heat and absorbing lust welcome me. My eyes widened slightly and I kept my gaze locked on a water bead that was trailing down his chest, slowly leading itself to a place I could only imagine about.

Inwardly gasping at what I was doing, I swallowed and daringly met his gaze. My breath caught inside my throat when I saw his dark eyes narrowed on me and watching me with a mix of emotions. I felt the heat trail against my body as I held his gaze, not daring to back down. 

How incredibly attractive this man was, it truthfully always managed to amaze me. His features, his toned, muscular body, his voice, the way he moved - it all added on to how attractive he was. I found myself breathless around him a lot, especially when it came to situations like this. I couldn't speak, couldn't move and suddenly all I knew what to do was stare.

But it was wrong of me to. 

That was the thought which made me snap out my little trance and head for the bathroom, brushing past him as I done so. My heart jumped when I felt a warm, large, rough grip latch down onto my wrist, halting my movement. I froze, eyes widening as I made sure I wasn't imagining his hold on me.

"J-Jase... What are you..." I trailed off, hesitantly glancing at him over my shoulder. His expression only darkened from my words and if I didn't imagine, his grip on my wrist tightened slightly.

"How was your date?" His voice was low and husky, and it headed to one place directly. 

"What?" I whispered, furrowing my brows, honestly confused.

Did I hear him right?

"I asked, how was your date?" He repeated his words, sounding somewhat cold. Wordlessly, I stared at him, twisting on spot to face him directly. Our eyes locked and I stared at him with confusion and curiosity.

"What's it to you?" I swallowed, trying to maintain a confident act but I think that may have faltered with my shaky voice.

"Answer the question," He rasped, slowly letting go my wrist, only to take a large step forwards. "How as your date with Marcus?"