CHAPTER THREE

(Vanessa's Pov)

For split second, as I slowly twitched my eyes open, let out a yawn begging to escape, and stretched - I forgot where I was. More importantly, I forgot what had happened over the course of 24 hours. But then it instantly came rushing back to me as I sat up, eyes squinted, taking in the room around me.

I was in my new bed. In my new dorm. In my new college.

A deep sigh left my lips and I lazily ran a quick hand through my hair, pushing it out of my eyes. I bet it probably looked like a birds nest sitting on my head. I sometimes really hated my hair. My eyes absently wandered across the room, taking in the simplicity of it all.

Beige colored walls, with matching beige carpeted floor. There were two large, wooden dressers, placed in the middle of the two single sized beds. The walls were plain, no posters or pictures like I had expected for my dorm mate to have hung up. There was one door, placed in the right side of the room, leading to what I presumed was the bathroom. And towards the left, there was a little small hallway, which I had feeling led to a kitchen.

Sighing, I tore my eyes away from the little hallway and once again, yawned. It was clear to tell that I hadn't gained my full night of much needed sleep. My legs and arms still felt a little sore from all the moving around. Unlucky for me, today would be a day that would require a lot of energy. I wanted to spend the day getting familiar with the college grounds and rules, along with meeting my professors, just to get a little acquainted with them.

 I needed to be prepared for this last year.

Rubbing my eyes lazily, another yawn left my lips before I sighed to myself. It was only when I moved to pull off my comforter, my eyes went wide in realization, freezing on the empty single bed, just a few steps away from mine.

The bed was tidy, neat and made - it barely looked touched. Dark blue sheets covered its entire surface and the comforter was placed right at the bottom, folded neatly. It belonged to my dorm mate. Jase, the dark blonde haired male, with a hard jaw, tattoos covering his muscular body and intriguing green eyes.

A sudden surge of heat trailed up my body. I bit my lip absently, eyes seemingly stuck on his perfectly made bed. If it weren't for the black pair of basketball shorts laying on the edge of his bed, you would never have guessed that the bed was occupied by someone. It just looked so vacant and I wondered if he had actually stayed here overnight.

After the little drama about me being his new dorm mate, and me proving him that I was in-fact telling the truth about my situation, I had hesitantly returned back to the dorm. You couldn't blame me for my hesitance. I was beginning to feel uncomfortable, knowing I wasn't exactly wanted here. But then I remembered my parents had paid for this, and I would make use of it.

So what if my new dorm mate wasn't happy with me being here? It was as much as my dorm as it were his. He would have to deal with it.

When I had entered the dorm, I was surprised to find it empty. I hadn't bothered to look for either Jase or his red haired girlfriend, Roxy, and instead, stripped from my clothing and jumped into my bed after making it.

I hadn't eaten or even gone to the toilet since. It would explain why my bladder was full and why my stomach was rumbling.

Stepping out of my bed, my feet met with the carpeted ground and it was nice feeling. Back in my apartment, the grounds were all wooden and I was used to sliding my feet into slippers in order to protect my feet from getting cold. I could get used to this carpeted ground.

My hands flickered out, switching on the lights in the bathroom and I slowly unlocked the door. I was pleased to find what was behind it. Although the bathroom was relatively small, there was still a built in shower, a toilet seat, and a sink - all looking clean.