"I'm sorry, Frisk, but that beast can't be allowed to live anymore. Do you know how many monsters were slain by him? Too many. We agreed that he has to go," Undyne stepped closer to them, gesturing to Frisk to move out of the way for her. "I don't want to hurt you, weak human, but I have no choice. Asgore will destroy him otherwise, and that man should not have to see another child die." 

Hearing those words come from her mouth caught their attention as the idea of Asgore fighting them frightened Frisk. He had told Asgore when he first met him that he didn't want to fight, but he had no idea how that would affect Chara. Asgore was Chara's dad, so surely there has to be some mixed feelings about this for them.

"I figured he was behind something. He sent you to kill me, but since we're connected, he probably wanted some way to make sure only I would die." Chara whispered, thinking out loud as if to make sense of it himself. "Explains a lot actually. He didn't seem to be so happy to see me again in the first place."

"Chara, but Asgore's your dad. Don't you feel anything about this," Frisk asked, trying his best to defend him from Undyne. "It has to be some sort of miscommunication or something. He couldn't have asked them to hurt you."

Undyne threw another spear at them, aiming right in front of Frisk to try to scare him off. It landed with a loud thud, the vibration from the impact made him step back. "Enough games, Frisk. I need that brat to pay for what he's done. All those monsters didn't deserve to die! Sans didn't deserve to die!" 

"He he, is that what you think, fish lady?" something was different with Chara as he started to laugh about the situation. It was almost creepy, creepy to the point where Frisk was literally frozen in place. Chara held up the knife in his hands as he pushed Frisk away from him. "That comedian's had it coming ever since I first got here. Not to mention your girlfriend's little experiment on me. Tell me, was that part of his plan too?"

"You have some nerve talking about my friends like that!" Undyne shouted angrily. She attacked him now, using her full strength to take down Chara. 

Chara smiled, glad to have finally found another soul worthy of fighting him. Together they fought, neither of them backing down no matter how many times they were hit. It wasn't until Chara's hp dropped to two that Frisk noticed something strange. Although the Chara he knew would fight in a similar way, he would always acknowledge the amount of damage he's taken and would take Frisk into consideration. This Chara continued to fight despite his cries of pain. It was really like a different person in there. 

"Die. Die and never return, you filthy monster." Undyne said as she lifted her spear for the final blow. She noticed it as well. Something was off about the boy on the ground, very off. The last time she had seen him, he had a little more... Something to him. His eyes weren't clouded like the first time, but now it was empty. All traces of the original brat were gone, leaving behind this monster of a boy. "Before I kill you, tell me who you are."

Chara smiled his signature creepy smile as he stared up at her. "I don't know what you mean, Undyne. I'm just the same old Chara."

"No, you're not. The real Chara promised me that he wouldn't hurt anyone," Frisk said as he limped over to them. "Where is he?"

Chara's red eyes met Frisk's as he said, "I am Chara. I am the angel of death everyone spoke of so long ago."

Undyne looked over at Frisk, looking for some sort of confirmation that the boy had said this before. Frisk shook his head no, unable to believe he was going to say this. "This isn't Chara. Maybe you should move him somewhere where he can't hurt anyone. I'll try my best to find Chara, okay?"

Nodding, Undyne gave one more look at the boy beneath her before ending their lives.
"I hope you know what you're doing, Frisk. For now, I'll make sure you two are as far away from the others as possible."