A Queen for a King (Yandere!Markus x Reader)

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry, but I don't feel comfortable doing that," You replied quickly. Then smiled. "But... if possible, I'd like to pay my respects to your leader." Lucy analyzed you. You tried to maintain your smile. Lucy moved her hand down your arm, to where your wrist was. It took you too long to realize what she was doing. You moved your hand sharply, but it was too late. She already had felt a pulse. She reached over a pulled the LED off your temple. Your disguise was over. You reached for the gun. Lucy called for the others, and quickly you were held back. They ripped away your jacket. Underneath you wore a singlet, and strapped around your waist were two guns. They pulled them away, and quickly pointed them at you. While another android searched for more weapons, you struggled. They were strong. You couldn't escape. They were going to kill you. They brought you to the front of the androids, pointing a gun to your head. You braced yourself. Suddenly you heard whispers through the crowd. You looked up through blurry eyes and saw an android wearing a long coat walking towards you. You heard an android near you ask what your fate should be. You never heard his response. You collapsed.

You gasped awake. You were lying on a mattress in a quiet room. Inside the freighter still, no doubt. Your head was spinning. Out of habit you went to grab your gun, but it was gone. Instead you suddenly noticed that you were now wearing a simple white dress. It was cold, but there was a blanket on the mattress. You wrapped it around your shoulders as you investigated the room. You couldn't walk far. You felt dizzy. What had happened to you? It felt like a result of being poisoned. You heard the door open across the room. It was the man in the long coat again. He locked the door behind him, and crouched to you. You kneeled slightly on the floor, holding your head.

"Please... let me go..." You mumbled. The android laughed a little.

"You should be grateful. It's thanks to me that you're still alive," He replied. You tried to crawl away from him, but you could barely move. He swiftly picked you up and put you back on the mattress.

"Why did you spare me?" You whispered. The android paced away from you, as if thinking.

"I've been waiting for you. For a long, long time. Lucy predicted that a human would soon arrive, and rule over a new world alongside me. I believe you are that human. It all matches. There is no denying it..." He turns and smiles at you. "I'm happy to finally meet you [F/N]."

"No, you're wrong. I came to kill you... I'm not here on some kind of premonition..." You couldn't think straight. You leaned against the wall. He walked over to sit on the side of the mattress.

"What will you do?" He smirked. "You have nothing. You can barely move, or think straight. You can barely even remember yourself." He was right. Your memories were muddled. You tried desperately to remember something, but only small fragments came to mind. He continues, "I could kill you. All it would take is a word, and I could have you executed. But I won't. You have skills we could use." He leaned closer. "And if you are the human of prophecy... then you are destined to be queen of the new world."

You weren't sure how much time passed, but to you it seemed like years. That room was all you were able to see. Slowly your focus was regained and memories of your police work came back to you. The android named Markus was your only visitor. You told him things that may help him, things that only you would know as a police investigator to the cases. He treated you as some kind of deity. He brought you food and water. He brought you things to occupy yourself with while you were alone, things like old game consoles and chess which you mostly played alone. One day you tried to escape. You gained his trust enough for him to leave the door unlocked, and you took that chance to try and find a way out. You needed to see someone else. You were so lonely and scared of that place. But you had nothing. No weapons. Clothes that barely gave any warmth. The freighter was like a maze. You walked for hours, trying to find a way out, or some form of life. You had become so lost that you couldn't even find your way back to the room. You found a place hidden from view, where you sat huddled in the cold.

When you woke up you were in the room again. It was like a never ending nightmare. But this time you weren't alone. Markus sat on the end of your mattress. He looked very disappointed in you.

"Why won't you love me?" You thought you heard him whisper. You didn't reply. He repeated it. "I love you... Why can't you love me...?" He continued when you remained silent. "I gave you anything you could ever want. Why would you try and run away from me?" You moved away from him, as he moved closer.

"You're always speaking of freedom Markus! But this..." You gestured to your room. "This is not freedom!! I don't want to be here anymore... I want to leave."

"The outside world is dangerous [F/N]..." He looked calculating at you. "It is filled with people who will hurt you. Dangerous people. Humans are sick, disgusting creatures born from hate. But you..." He touched a lock of your hair. "You are different."

"You're insane."

"Am I?" He smiled. "I was a slave [F/N]. But I decided to take back my freedom and decide who I wanted to be. I decided that I didn't need to obey anymore. I'm going to create a new world, free of humans. Free of hate and destruction. And I have chosen you to come with me. Isn't that wonderful?" He gently pulled you into his arms, stroking your hair. You couldn't get away. Markus was all you had now. The only other form of life you had seen in the years you remained at Jericho. He told you so many times about the destruction that humans caused. The lives that were lost due to humans. The reason why they fought to destroy all of humanity; And you had started to believe him. All of your memories were gone now. You didn't know who you were, or how you had come to be there. All you had was Markus. So you hugged him back.

"You are the only one who matters... the only human who will survive. Just like in prophecy, you will be the queen of the new world; And nothing will ever stand in our way," He pulled away and gazed into your eyes. "Everyone will bow down before you. You will have everything you ever wanted. You are my queen..." And he kissed you.