Chapter 11~Cookies

The next day things were weird between the four of us. All I wanted to do was run out of the room because of what I learned.

Too much tea for one non equity hoe.

Let's take a step back and go back to lunch that was a few periods before english.

*Que That's So Raven soundtrack*

-------------------------------------

"Clay! Get your ass over here!" I heard beside me.

I looked to see everyone looking in the direction of a girl who had paint covered overalls with a 'not so white' t-shirt underneath. She was waving her arms like a maniac as a boy was trying to tug on her arm to sit down.

Guess Matt finds it real hard to gain the attention of a woman.

Boy fell out of the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down.

I walked towards my friends with my tray in hand. I made sure to sway my hips in a joking manner which made both of them laugh. I got up to them and sat down next to Cassie. Cassie immediately turned towards me and stared at me.

Shit, do I have spinach in my teeth?

I swear I only tried that Popeye shit one time.

...

Maybe twice.

I rubbed my teeth but Cassie just laughed and slapped my arm away.

       "You dumb bitch," She muttered. She looked back up to me. "I was trying to be serious and you ruined the moment!"

I laughed at her and she tried to glare at me.

She looks like she's five when she's mad.

       "Why the hell are you covered in paint though?" I questioned as I took in her clothes. She flicked me off because of my interruption but answered.

       "I was helping Mrs. Carr with the set for the fall play for volunteer hours last period, I didn't bring clothes to change so," She trailed.

       "Goody, goody," I murmured loud enough for her to hear. She smacked my arm. "Damn woman!" I yelled rubbing my arm.

       "Hey! At least I'm getting my hours done," She scowled at me.

       "Well I guess you not so much of a goody goody," I spoke and she smiled.

Awe the kid thought she won. How cute.

       "I mean goody goody's don't like to get messy unlike you right?" I winked at her and her mouth opened slightly. I win.

       "You bet your sweet ass I like it," She winked back at me and layed back on a blushing Matt.

Fuck. Cassie-1. Clay-0.

I high fived her and she laughed, cooing towards the currently red faced Matt. After about 10 minutes of their lovey dovey shit I called her out.

       "You gonna say what you were gonna say or what?" I asked literally prying her off Matt.

Damn she's like a fly to light. Another innocence joke thank you very much.

I motioned her to continue with my hand and she rolled her eyes playfully as she turned around from Matt and continued.

       "Clay we need to get you a boy," She stated bluntly.

Where have you been the past 16 years?