We sat down at the table.

I stared at his right eye "Navin, this... it has to stop. If you don't tell me what's going on then I can't help. You're case is still under investigation, and they've found a new clue which could mean that this time maybe-"

Navin stopped me "Ezra, stop. You need to just stop, please. I'm stuck in here whether we like it or not. It's too late for me but you can still have a peaceful life." He said sadly.

What? No.

"N-No, I know we- I mean... I could still help to get you out. Listen I've been saving up-" I said proudly.

He interrupted me again. "Don't you get it! Forget about me, Ezra. Take that money and finally go to college. Become that famous pianist that you've always wanted, that you've talked about since high school and s-stop visiting me. I love you so much sis, but this is the last time you're going to visit, next time I don't want to see you here again." He cried, tears falling down his face. This is the first time I've ever seen him cry.

Navin smiles weakly, gave me a long kiss on the head and left me sitting dumbfounded.

I wiped my tears away and left without a word.

****
Present time

The driver finally arrived.

Finally.

I pushed away the hurtful memory, jumped into the car and drove off to work.

Don't worry, Navin. Some way some how, I know there's a guardian angel looking upon us. Sooner or later, we'll both be together again.

I put my headphones in, laid my head on the window and watched as the buildings pass by in a blur.

Maybe today Mr. Rose will feel better, we should play pool today or we could just talk about gardening, he really loves to garden. I wish I had a father like him, it would be nice. Though I never met Mrs. Rose, he sure doesn't talk about her much. Not one single picture of his family on his wall either... only one picture of himself when he was in his early thirties with a little boy about ten years old and a women who looks in her late twenties but her face cut out. You could tell they were a happy family, something I wanted.

I'm fine with just having one family member, I love my brother and I would want nothing more or less.

The bus stopped a few blocks from the mansion, I checked my watch. Okay, thirty minutes early. Perfect.

Every time I step in front of a mansion, I come to dislike them more and more

Every time I step in front of a mansion, I come to dislike them more and more. Not because I'm jealous- far from that, it's more of a 'why do you need all these rooms and space?'. It could be because I'm not use to them just yet but then again, I prefer to live in a small home where I don't get lost at every corner.

I'm just too simple.

I like to live comfortably not extravagantly, draws way too much attention that I don't need from people, if I want people to notice me then I want it for my opinions not my house.

As I walk closer towards the door, I hear a loud bang. Quickly, I unlock the door to find Mr.Rose on the top of the table throwing things at the corner of the door. Where are the other staff members?

He finally notice me and smiles.

"Oh, my dear Ezra. Could you do this old man a favor and kill that beetle by the door, please?" He asked.

I giggled, I could never get tired of him.

Walking towards the corner, I picked up the black beetle and threw it out the door.

Turning around, Mr. Rose got off the table and dust himself off. He cleared his throat "Thank you, my dear. Please, forget this incident and wash those dirty hands" he ordered.

And yes, he's British.

"A good morning to you, too. Oh, you mean these hands?" I asked playfully trying to touch him but he already ran all the way up the flight of stairs.

I laughed.

"How rude and indecent. Not at all how a young woman should behave. I could fire you, you know" he huffed.

I regain my regular posture "Of course, sir. Let me go wash... these hands and I'll be right with you" I said headed towards the bathroom.

Done with washing my hands.

I could hear the beautiful sound of the violin playing in his study, time for music lessons. Let's get the tea ready.

I made his favorite morning tea and finger sandwiches to match then later I'll bake him oatmeal cookies just like every morning.

Mr. Rose stopped playing and looked at me "Come my dear, I can't play this tune without a pianist. Would you join me?" He smiled, sweetly.

I nodded my head. We played such a sad yet relaxing song but I enjoyed it deeply.

Placed the tray of tea and food on the table near us and sat at the piano.

I loved playing the piano, it's helps me escape the problems of reality and lets me be free. We played for an hour then had tea and the sandwiches I'd made.

He sighed.

"I have something rather important to share with you, Ezra." He said sadly.

By the sound of his tone, it isn't good.

He told me.

I stood up, letting the tea cup in my hand fall and break across the floor.

Why now? Why me?