Chapter 1

*Ezra Pov*

I sighed, waiting in front of my apartment building for the driver  to arrive.

Just another day in the life of Ezra Berry Anand, for those who don't know me, I'll tell yah short story about myself.

I was orphan growing up, and so was my brother Navin Anand who is currently in jail for murder which isn't true. I know my brother is innocent, he wouldn't kill a bee even if he is deathly allergic to them, he was framed by his ex-best friend I just know it. Our mother left us in front of an orphanage school called One Heart Orphanage, Sister Margret told us that our mother left us because our father didn't want us since our mother was poor and didn't have a title- that jackass. We later learned that she died of cancer when we were in middle school and that piece of shit of father left to marry a young heiress.

Men are only shit bag, on this earth to fulfill their filthy desires and throw away women like they're trash.

I left the orphanage at the age of sixteen to start working to save money, three years later my brother got included with a bad group. It was his own stupid way of trying to help me out with saving money so we could live a peaceful life. Well, that's what went wrong. My brother dropped out of high school then few years later, he was found in an empty warehouse with his finger print on a pistol and four dead bodies around him. I know my brother, I seen how scared and in shock he was at court, he's really all talk but no bark. Sadly, since he has bad records the judge didn't care if he was innocent and threw him in jail without any evidence. Like seriously? How would the cops know exactly where and when to find him unless it was a set up? But fuck the system.

And me? I'm twenty-six years old. I've been working as a maid for those rich snobby self-centered people. Why? Because the pay is way better than working at a diner, I save the money to help my innocent brother. Lately, I've been working for this one billionaire by the name of Charlie Rose, it's been two years since I've started. I have a contract with him and I have two more years left, he's a sweet old guy. People told me he is the devil in disguise but what they don't know is he's really scared of bugs, one look and he faints.

What a wuss puss, right?

He found me at my old job and saw how the head heiress was treating me, he didn't like it. The next day I found myself packing up to work for him. He sometimes gives me extra money here and there but barely has me cleaning his house. We usually just sit and binge watch television shows or sit in his office and read his favorite books.

But lately he's been feeling under the weather.

It's 7:25, the driver is late. I always arrive work an hour earlier just for that reason.

I wonder how Navins holding up? I haven't seen him in months after he told me.

****
Flashback a few months ago

I was sitting in the middle of the cafeteria at the county jail, I've been waiting for half an hour. I checked my watch the fourth time... he's really late.

"Hey, berry blaster. How's yah life going?" Navin said. Quickly, I stood up and turned around to see my brother in the flesh. He had a black eye again but this time, it still had blood on it which meant this just happened. No wonder he was late today, what are they doing to you?

I sighed, tears falling down my face as I ran towards my brother giving him a big bear huge.

"I miss you, Nav. I'll get you out! Don't worry, I...I-I've been saving up." I cried. He hugged me back "I miss you too, my berry-tastic little sister" he said. I laugh "Still sounds terrible the millionth time around" I joked, wiping my tears.